At it’s core, dreamrider is a 90’s arcade game. It’s got a retro soundtrack, and pseudo-vector-graphics. There;s only one rule: don’t hit anything. I suggest putting some of your own music in the “Tracks” folder. If you’re looking for some pseudo retro music, head over to SpaceSoundRecords and download some of their free annual albums. I would have included some of the tracks in this release but the licesing is unclear.
This was made in 4 hours as part of Weekly Nano Game 4 organised by Nicholas_A
First up, a video and some screenshots:
A and D to steer
Space to boost
Dreamrider.zip (8.12 MB)
Things I want to do:
- Single-hit-deaths suck. It really need a regenerating shield, or at least a “wind down” animation before taking you to the death screen.
- Mouse support would be good too
- Develop a proper game around this - if time ever magically appears on my doorstep, this could include:
- Ability to pick the track
- More variety in the levels
- Font is Segment14 used under OFL
- Never Too Late by Rockit Maxx under CC-BY
- Trail script was made by me and released publicly before the contest.
The Making of: