Wolf

Been working on this on and off today
my computers really slow, feel like I couldve done this a lot faster

Attachments

Looks quite nice so far, thumbs up! U just seem 2 have some outstanding edge on the X-axis-zero-lvl, where the half-mesh (do U call it like this in english?) meets the mirror-modifier-created other half. But that’s just a tiny little issue & anyone of us who has ever modeled any organic whatever using the blueprint-method, probably knows that problem quite well. Me, I do, that’s 4 sure. Anyway, it shouldn’t B much of a problem 2 fix that later on. So just keep on working & don’t let your computers performance get U down.

greetings, Kologe

After having Windows crash on me, I decided it was the last time I wanted that, I lost a lot of files, I recovered what I could using Recuva, this project was corrupt though. Now I’m on ubuntu studio, and I haven’t had any slowdowns, done this in couple hours.
But, after making placeholders for the ears, I found I can’t select with the right mouse button. It’s weird because I can select vertices with it in edit mode, can’t select the arrows on the 3D Cursor either.
Well here’s my redo, I think its coming along better then my previous one, but if anyone has a solution for my problem please let me know, I had no luck with google.

Attachments

Still no fix for my problem, if I want to add objects I have to be sure to have them on different layers, I can only select with A
and small update

Attachments

should finish the mesh in a day or two, then might go over it again to fix topology, show more muscles, fix the mouth

Attachments

Looks good, really! At least as good as the last time, if not even better:yes:. I’m not perfectly sure but I think it’s unsubsurfed geometry you’re showin’ here, right?
If so, I’m not quite sure weather it ain’t perhaps a bit highpoly? Of course it depends on what U aim 4, weather it’s 2 B animated later, or even realtime-stuff, still-only, sculpting or whatever… At least in the first 2 cases, U may wanna have a less dense mesh later on? I have no experience on realtime-stuff (you’d do a designated lowpoly model 2 bake normal-maps 2 in this case, I assume), but when it comes 2 animating, me personally, I’d definiteley prefer a less dense mesh. Something like the tiger-mesh I did a while ago (I’ll attach an image).
But anyways, as already said, I don’t even know, what you’re aiming at. If it’s meant 2 get a basemesh 4 sculpting (porbably not, if your computer already sucks when it comes to some basic poly-modeling) or 4 a still only, then there’s no problem about it, at all:cool:.

greetings, Kologe

Attachments

Well blender works a lot faster on ubuntu, it handles the poly by poly perfectly, and i just tried adding multires to a cube, it can go up level 7 and it’ll start lagging, better then on windows when i couldnt even have the subsurf modifer active.
But it is pretty high poly, and my reasons for doing this are just to have a little fun.
Nice tiger tho, how did animating it go?

Well, even though I kinda exaggerated when rigging it (attempting to simulate muscle-movement without shapekeys, endin’ up with somewhat 230 bones & a whole lot of constraints) so that it effectiveley had some restrictions in movement, creating walkcycles worked quite well. Until I came 2 the point, when I had to make it follow a path. Even though it worked in principle, the tiger ended up pacing along that path as if there was no tomorrow. So in the end, it looked like a weired time-lapse animation. Actually I never found out what went wrong there… but I may perhaps have another look at the project somewhen, in worst case scenario maybe even redoing the walkcycles 2 use the offset-bone-method instead of the stride-path-one as at the time.
greetings, Kologe

paws are a little daunting :P, cleaned the mesh up tho
still have to move some stuff around

Attachments

The paws turning out to be a lot of fun

Attachments

The paws are awesome!

thanks,
well anyone have any suggestions for my select problem, oh i guess i could try to use the outliner, well i tried setting up a render, couldn’t go and right click to set any kind of material =/, will update in a day or two

Attachments

Got rid of the claws for the moment, added more circle loops around the dew claw, deleted the dew claw.
Wondering how my current topology is, anyone interested in looking?
I don’t think its to bad, I have to fix a lot of the shape now though…
side note - 10verts on the top ring, and 8 verts at the shoulder on the main mesh, I think im doing ok.
Worried about the elbow region tho…

Attachments

wolfpaw.blend (151 KB)