Wonders why BGE do not have a scale actuator?

I was thinking “why BGE don’t have a scale actuator?”
Well I came across this question when I needed a object to grow bigger. instead of animating or python, it would be much easier if there was a actuator that could do this.
I’m sure this would not be hard to try to get this in new builds.
anyone thoughts?

That would be a pretty nice actuator, I think. We already have translation (position) and rotation - scaling would be a nice actuator to add in.

Scaling is no motion. Therefore it is not part of the MotionActuator.

Anyway. You can get a scaling animation very easy via ActionActuator. With the property mode you have full control what scale to show. I use this a lot e.g. for lasers with a specific length (the property should be float!).

How to create such action?

very easy:

frame 1: keyframe a scale of (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
frame 2: keyframe a scale of (2.0, 2.0, 2.0)
you see the frame number and the scale matches.
Now go to curve editor. Select the curves and set extrapolation mode “linear Extrapolation”

If you want to scale one axis only simply remove the curves/keys from the other axis.
This allows to scale the other axis to any value you like without been reset by the animation.

You can use this one ScaleAction for any other object as well (but take care of the meshes alignment).

I know, I meant as a separate actuator. And your method would work well, but I still think it would be useful to have a separate actuator for the job (just like we can specify rotation with the motion actuator).