Wont be around for a while

:frowning:

Just to say I won’t be around for a few days. Apparantly, my hard drive has some overlapping partitions, so I will have to sort these out.

Only way to do that is to back up everything important (i.e. blender work and downloads)

Erase all the partitions, fdisk the disk, and start from scratch…

Luckily I have a 6 gig hard drive installed in my machine specifically for backing up with (it’s partitions are OK!)

Then i’ll be installing win XP…

See you in a few days!

brian

Then i’ll be installing win XP…

See you in a few days!

xp? a few years maybe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ouch…

bad stuff the partition problems… Last time it happened to me I had to backup 35 Gb of RAID array (only 50%full luckily) with only a CD writer… no DAT :frowning:

Happy backupping

Stefano

Same stuff happened to me… Started mirroring my drives after that. 120gigs is too much stuff to backup on cds or tape.

On 2002-03-25 09:50, S68 wrote:
Ouch…

bad stuff the partition problems… Last time it happened to me I had to backup 35 Gb of RAID array (only 50%full luckily) with only a CD writer… no DAT :frowning:

Happy backupping

Stefano

Well, Manage to save the most important stuff, blender projects, and downloaded stuff. Wasn’t too concerned about game saves and what not.

Manage to repartition the drive without any errors, installed XP, and everything seems to be working… Just got to install the rest of my programs though… Which takes ages!

brian