woo-hoo im a guru

:o i don’t feel guru-ish.

ive been here since 1.7ish and there are newbs who know more than me.

ive been here longer than some of the monkeys!! :x :smiley:
oh well. :smiley:

You are right NateTG,

the ONLY GURUs are Ton, Carsten and similar…

This is insulting… Now you’ll have to pay for your disrespect… :x :x :x

( :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )

Naaahhh I’m just joking… :stuck_out_tongue: You know my opinion…

Being a monkey or a Guru or whatever doesn’t mean that you’re talented… I also know a few newbies that know more than I do… :wink:

BTW… Congrats NateTG and good luck with what ever you’re doing right now…

Spyros.

Hi Skontar,

pleased to hear you again.

This is just to say that was not my intention to insult anybody.
The contraty!!

I just think that would be so much easier to be a fantastic guru if we all would have better and really advanced documentation.

Hoping one day that will happen!

Best regards to ALL THE GURUs and not of this fantastic forum. :slight_smile:

Until then, we’ll have to do with Tutorial Links.
hehe.

Yeah, to my knowledge Ton is the only “Blender Guru” on the forum… the rest of us are “Forum Guru”… that means we’ve nearly mastered the art of clicking “Reply to Post” and “Start a New Thread”… means nothing of our Blender guruness (of which I have none… yet).

Imp

Really IMProvisar?

Is Ton the Blender Guru of the forum?

I didn’t know that…

So, why he doesn’t answer to questions when nobody else does?

Ref.: TexMesh button How To? : "you can achieve morphing like effects, by distorting the active Mesh, this way. "For example, a straight stream of water (as an animated texture) can be placed in a winding river… "

Any toutorials about that and any more in deep infos about the TexMesh button use?

Thanks.

HE SPEAKS TRUTH!!! I have nearly mastered clicking the buttons. :slight_smile:

uv. about tex mesh.

make a mesh, (textured and everything how you want it.) duplicate (SHIFT-D, not ALT-D) it.
on the original mesh, enter the name of the duplicate in the texmesh box.
blender then uses the data of THIS mesh to calculate the texture coordinates, meaning you can change the original mesh as much as you want (in editmode, since other distortions keep the material where it should be anyway) and the texture will stay where it is supposted to be.

there’s my shoddy explanation of texmesh
:smiley:

Yes. :slight_smile:

Yes. :slight_smile:

Do now. :wink:

Too busy, I guess. :o Ton runs the foundation… I haven’t seen him post any since I got back. (The source opening and Gala happened while I was moving… I’m sure you could see a lot of him at blender.org, before that, Elysiun hosted all the Foundation talk in the Blender Foundation forum. :))

Imp