woops...yasp time again->RGBscreen *new windows dll needed for 1.8!

how far along are you? is this error when trying to compile the lib or the plugin? post the terminal output - maybe someone can tell from that.

I’ve already compiled the lib. When I go to compile the plugin, I get 85 messages similar to the following:

LIBCMT.lib(calloc_impl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _imp_HeapAlloc@12

LIBCMT.lib(sbheap.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _imp_VirtualAlloc@6 referenced in function _sbh_alloc_new_region

and after all that, it says:
RGBscreen1.5.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 85 unresolved externals

???

wow, thats pretty cool. but… the people don’t quite blend in with the scenery. maybe some lights and stuff…

anyways, may i ask, who are the people?!

I think that LIBCMT.lib is part of the msvc install too… dang, I can’t even get my old xp partition to even boot up anymore…

heh… time to ask for a favor…

I have LIBCMT.lib. It’s where it should be. I think that file contains a broken external link. It doesn’t say what file it’s trying to link to, though.

Hi all,

I’ve compiled version 1.5 and uploaded it here. Paprmh’s asked me to do a tutorial of the steps I took, so here goes…

• I used a clean version of Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. You don’t actually use the IDE of Visual Studio at all, but rather its console commands.
  • Open up your command prompt and go to (cd) the folder above your Visual C++ installation. This is often C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8. From here, go to .\Common7\Tools.
  • Run vsvars32.bat. This will set up your command prompt by adding the Visual Studio commands to its path. It only works for that particular command prompt, so make sure you continue to use the same command prompt, or go through this step if for some reason you open a new one.
  • Now go to your Blender plugins folder. This could be C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\plugins or C:\Documents and Settings<USER>\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\plugins, for example.
  • Run the following:
link /lib /nologo /MACHINE:X86 /DEF:include\plugin.def /NAME:blender.exe
  • You should now have some new files in your plugins folder - plugin.exp and plugin.lib. These files are then used to build plugins.
  • Make sure the plugin C file (RGBscreen1.5.c) is in the plugins folder. Now, to compile it, run the following:
cl /nologo -Iinclude /LD RGBscreen1.5.c plugin.lib /link /EXPORT:plugin_getinfo /EXPORT:plugin_seq_getversion

• You should now find you get a fair amount of output on the command prompt, as well as, in the plugins folder, RGBscreen1.5.exp, RGBscreen1.5.lib, RGBscreen1.5.obj and… RGBscreen1.5.dll, the plugin file!
  • Now go into Blender, into the sequence editor, add an image, and then add a plugin. When it asks you for the position of the plugin, click on the DLL you’ve just made and that’s about it.I hope this helps - if you still have problems feel free to ask :smiley:

Thank you! I didn’t do that third step. That was probably the problem.

Wow! Thanks indigomonkey! Not only a quick tut, but a binary as well! I have mirrored it in the first post. Thanks again for your time and effort.

Thank you for the efforts, I will give it a try later on. The Node development cycle in the Blender community is remarkable.
Paul

This looks like a very useful plugin… I can’t wait to try it…
I only wish I had something to use it on…

You’d better make a tutorial page . . . and link it to your old page too!

http://paprmh.googlepages.com/greenscreen

Here I was thinking you’d finished with keying!

You got mentioned here: http://www.blendernation.com/free-hd-green-screen-and-vfx-plates/ so I plugged your greenscreen, and then I find out you made something better! Now I have to play again. My wife will kill me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the work!

Statik

paprmh, nice looking keys. Some matte hair cuts but generally good. How about pulling those shadows out too? That would be kick a**.

Hi kids, sorry I haven’t replied sooner but I haven’t been spending much time on the computer lately… and yes, I really need to do some proper docs for this ( and my other plugins) but I guess I just figured that everyone just uses nodes now days so it would be a waste of time.

Anyway, just to show what RGBscreen ( now version 1.6) can do, here is a sample with some of the clips from http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/greenscreenplates.html… note the transparency and hair… of course these clips were very exceptionally shot and very few other shots will allow this good of a key…

BTW: This was for the Mark Apsolon greenscreen contest

Wow, Paprmh, is the sheer material done with your plug-in? Absolutely awesome.

I really have to try this soon.

Statik

Some edges need work, but that hair is drop dead gorgeous! Great work!

Just in case anyone is still interested… I now have a quick demo on youtube for RGBscreen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGJr08uj9PM

& a web page (under construction ): http://papsplugins.googlepages.com/rgbscreen

It would be nice to get compiled versions for other OS’s for others to test…

That looks excellent - it’ll be interesting to see if, in 2.5, you can set Blender up ( with the customisable UI ) to look like a stand-alone, easy to use green-screen tool for use in an existing pipeline.

Mal

Just for fun I tried the new plugin against my old greenscreen footage. Not good. It does not handle green tablecloth as a greenscreen well at all. Until I get a real greenscreen, I’ll have to stay with the greenscreen plugin 1.4.

Two different tools for 2 different jobs. Cool. If I ever get more of this video done, you get onscreen credit. :slight_smile:

Might I suggest that you add both the greenscreen and rgbscreen pages to you main page menu?

Thanks again!

Statik

yeah, sorry about that, Statik, RGBscreen has the capability to do much better keys & with transparency but it also needs a much better greenscreen and much better lighting to work… You are right, greenscreen can handle much poorer clips but RGBscreen can give you an incredible key if the origional clip is good enough…

The greenscreen needs to be “true” green ( as close to pure green as possible… red and blue channels close to equal and lower in value than the green channel ) plus, you need the lighting to be very equal over the entire screen ( no shadows, wrinkles, hotspots or dark areas that you cannot garbage matte out) if you want the kind of results that I had with with the demo clip I linked to in my previous post.