Work Retreat

Personal project to get more experience with Archviz and Blender/Cycles. Model from 3DSky, lighting from an HDRI. When I get a bit of spare time I’ll texture and stage the interior, but for now, trying to improve my exterior lighting and scattering.

Blender 2.83, MSI GS75 Stealth Laptop, RTX2070

1 Like

Great but i think something is not right here. Dont get me wrong it looks great but the extra thing is missing. First i thought it was the lighting which is a bit boring and is it only hdri?

I noticed the brick texture is stretched where the garages are and it has no bump?

I also think that the pic is unbalanced, what i mean by that is the road looks totally clean but the gras around the house is messy…

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi Yah Schamph, thanks for the feedback :grinning: :grinning:
Lighting used was generated with https://blendermarket.com/products/pro-lighting-skies
The driveway does have a dirt map applied, though I’ll crank up the value a bit more see if that makes a difference.
The schist stonework texture is exactly the same as the side of the building, may have something to do with UV…I’m still trying to get my head around how that works in Blender as it’s so different from Fusion 360’s built-in-renderer

1 Like