working with virtualdub

Ive installed the nimo codec pack, and I have virtualdub, what steps would I go through to compress and and save it using virtualdub, also how would i add my audio track to my animation and save it with the AVI… what is the best compression besides divX, because i have divx codec but virtualdub won’t read it in the compression list. I have cinepack by radius, inc. is that good? what compression should i use, etc.???

if you can render in Microsoft Windows Media then it will work
it does on my pc

Note the menu item labeled “Video”. There are several handy submenu items in there, most notably, “Compression…” (which will allow you to select the codec of your choice…)

Note the menu item labeled “Audio”. There are several handy submenu items in there, most notably, “WAV Audio…” (which will allow you to select the audio source file of your choice…)

When you’ve got the settings and filters you want set up, note the menu item labeled “File”. There are several handy submenu items in there, most notably, “Save as AVI…” (which will allow you to save the animation to the AVI of your choice…)

VirtualDub does support DivX (works great for me.) You might look into Xvid. (Google is your friend…)

Cinepak is old, slow, and inefficient but quite common (part of the standard Windblows distro, I think…)