Would decal Machine Help me with Architectural art? Does it work with Materials?

I am trying to evaluate Decal Machine and don’t mind buying it but I can not figure out if it would work to fit my needs. I do photoshop renderings in 2d then I make a 3d object and place the image textures on a mesh. I am guessing that I could use decal machine to move PNG graphics around on my mesh and even use the a displace in the materials to displace that. I do not know anything about the gaming industry. The videos / documentation assume I know what a decal is to begin with. Does decal machine make it easy to place images on a mesh that already has a UV material on it ???
Does decal machine make it easy to place images on a mesh that already has a UV material on it ??? like as if I made a layer in photoshop ? Could I use decal machine to mimic layers in photoshop except be live in blender ?
Like here:

So in this image above. Is he putting a PNG graphic over the top of another graphic? Does that graphic in the blue box does it then displace down on the mesh so the shadows can change ? Or is he just placing one image over another image ?
Then in this video:

Here he is making a decal. I do not know what he is doing though. Is he making a PNG decal that he can then place on a mesh. ? is a decal a PNG file >? what is a plug ? is a plug a actual mesh object ? Do the PNG files get displaced into the mesh ? or do they just remain a picture ?
Then in the picture below:

When I put an image on a mesh I do this. How does decal machine relate to this ? Does the decal become part of the UV ??

Not really, I explain what decals in context of DECALmachine are at the beginning: https://machin3.io/DECALmachine/docs/decals/

There is no displacement, only parallax which fakes depth.

1 Like

my Apologies. So appreciate your reply. I have not read this one yet. I will however thank you