Would this sell? (On Turbosquid)

Okay not sure if this even goes here/I’m allowed to post this… but oh well.

I would like everyones HONEST Opinion about whether or not this would sell on Turbosquid. I’m thinking about putting it up there, but I don’t know if it’s good enough.

Also apologies for not using Blender :slight_smile: I love the program but I like Maya better… :smiley:

Pictures.

Edited out pictures

Again, sorry if this is considered wrong/stupid/idiotic/whatever. :slight_smile:

I’ve never used turbosquid as a customer or a buyer, but there are models there that are a lot worse than this. So I’d say it’s perfectly possible to sell it.

its not that bad, if you reduced the poly count abit you could sell it s a game model

it probably would sell.
btw apologies aside, this is a Blender forum.
Show your Maya works elsewhere.
Ask your questions about your Maya models,
as stupid as they really are on the Maya Forums.
Any lame brain could take a look at TurboSquid , gauge the quality of the models, see what’s selling, work out that indeed this is a good model that will sell well for a reasonable price.
I hope you own Maya, not just a cracked version. they will know, then hunt you down & take your hard drive.

Well being an ex-“blenderhead” as you like to call yourselves and seeing as this is the Off-topic category in a 3D Art forum I thought it might not matter, however I see it will so I will edit it the pictures out of my post.

Thanks everyone.

EDIT: If a mod/admin sees this please lock/delete (whichever you like :)).

well i’m sure you can see my point.
the question need not have been asked.
your model is very good.
it should sell very well.
if you needed confirmation of this, being a Maya Model,
the Maya forums would have been a more appropriate place to post your question.
btw, don’t give up on Blender just yet…

Why would anyone buy a model, anyway? Unless it were a low-poly tree…or car…or trash can…or other small or extremely common object.

to save time modaling it yourself

Not everyone focuses on modeling. Some people focus on materials /texture and animation.

Therefore, buying a well made model is somewhat easier than trying to find it’s free counterpart and some are reasonably priced. Additionally deadlines etc… all come into play on commercial work.

wtf. you wouldn’t use these works in commercial stuff. its a liability and also if you’re good enough to be pro you custom do your content to spec.

It’s not a liability if your buying the rights to the model also.

Put it on - never know you may a million buyers.

Please put the pictures back on.
This should be an open community but there are always blockheads like Meta-A. …

Really? Have you ever been to a stock site?

People have been using stock photography in commercial projects for years. Many people use stock textures in 3D commercial projects because it takes litterialy days off the workforce. and people use stock models.

Your’ll probabily find it’s alot cheaper to buy a £500 high-poly model of XYZ car that renders ‘realistically’ and include that in a Tv advert say for car insurance than it is to pay a ‘professional 3D artist’ to make it from the ground up.

Also, if you have a 5day deadline and that artist takes 7 days alone to make the model… costs 8 times as much and for what?

Seriously, you are mixing up “commercial work” with “high end 3D blockbuster movies” i’m afraid.

Unless you are refering to the item this person has posted in perticular. but note that 1. they have been removed and 2. original post was not specific to anyones models.

Agreed. If I am a professional texture artist (just an example, becuase Im not) how am I going to make my models for a portfolio? Buy the models on there, and use those, because if you can’t model and you try to, your textures will look like crap because the model looks like crap. It is good though to KNOW how to model, just doesn’t have to be the best.

@ coodle,
& there are always blockheads like you to remind me.
I didn’t ask the poster to remove the images.
he chose to himself.
it’s not my fault microwave baulked at my harsh criticism.

Okay not sure if this even goes here/I’m allowed to post this… but oh well.

Read: even if this annoys some people or goes against the grain, whatever, I will post anyway.

Also apologies for not using Blender :slight_smile: I love the program but I like Maya better… :smiley:

Read: I like Maya better so I thought I would post an a Blender Forum my Maya Render of my Maya Model. Just to show off my Maya render & tell you how much I love it.
Of course Blender being a free software with a huge amount of free resources, I also thought that Blenderheads would be the best people to ask if my model, made in Maya would sell well on Turbosquid, which charges money for nearly all it’s models & has next to no Blender models on site.

Again, sorry if this is considered wrong/stupid/idiotic/whatever. :slight_smile:

Read: you can now call me these things as I have called myself them, yet I will still post this knowing full well that I am inviting disaster.

My response, whist harsh, was justified by the Original Posters lack of regard for decent posting in the first place.

Now Try this Revised First Post…

Hi, I haven’t posted here in a while, some of you may remember me as BlockHead.
I still use Blender but my main focus is now Maya.
I have made a model of a Assault Rifle in Maya, that I thought i would show you.
I am thinking of selling the model on Turbo Squid & I would value your opinion.
I know it’s not a Blender Model, but in the past people have been very helpful here.
Do you think this model would be ok to sell on TurboSquid.
Thanks. BlockHead.

My response would have been much different if the original post was better formatted.
I did applaud him on the quality of the model. Just not on his presentation.

Meta “BlockHead” Androcto.

btw coodle,
the original poster can speak for himself.
And he did.

![file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dad/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg](file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dad/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg)![file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dad/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg](file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dad/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg)

I used model libraries, including TS, in my professional work all the time.
Trust me, when you have 4 hours to animate a 5 car pile up for the TV news, and they have to be the right cars, you use whatever you can.
:wink:
On some jobs, time is a luxury.

BTW, I totally agree that posting a Maya model in this forum was in bad taste, and he was purely fishing for compliments.

Baulked at your harsh criticism? Are you fucking retarded?

I wasn’t sure if OTHER people would think posting a Maya model to get opinions from other 3D ARTISTS in the OFF-TOPIC section of a Blender forum (being a 3D Artists forum) would be considered wrong/whatever. I thought it was perfectly alright as it is in off-topic but you all still can critique seeing as you’re fellow 3D Artists.

“Just to show off my Maya render & tell you how much I love it.
Of course Blender being a free software with a huge amount of free resources, I also thought that Blenderheads would be the best people to ask if my model, made in Maya would sell well on Turbosquid”

Okay that just confirms you’re a fucking retard.

When did I say how much I loved it? Why aren’t blenderheads the best people (or at least one of the best) to tell whether a model (regardless of what program it was created in) would be sellable? Are blenderheads not able to critique 3D models created in any other program?

“Hi, I haven’t posted here in a while, some of you may remember me as BlockHead.
I still use Blender but my main focus is now Maya.
I have made a model of a Assault Rifle in Maya, that I thought i would show you.
I am thinking of selling the model on Turbo Squid & I would value your opinion.
I know it’s not a Blender Model, but in the past people have been very helpful here.
Do you think this model would be ok to sell on TurboSquid.
Thanks. BlockHead.”

I’m just putting it out there, but I’m going to say that you’ve taken offence to the “I love blender, I just like Maya better” comment, if I’m correct in saying this: GROW THE FUCK UP. If not, I’m sorry.

I tried not to offend anyone in my first post and when someone didn’t like the fact that I posted a Maya model into the off-topic section of a Blender Forum, I took it down because I didn’t want to cause any trouble in the first place.

Now would someone please lock this thread? Or even better delete it.

Meta-Androcto please reply to me with a PM if you would like to continue this “discussion” as to not clog up these boards with flame wars.

edit:

BTW, I totally agree that posting a Maya model in this forum was in bad taste, and he was purely fishing for compliments.

It would be different if I posted this in the finished project section, but this is off-topic on a 3D Art forum. I don’t regularily go to any exclusive “Maya” forums and I thought that this forum being FILLED with 3D Artists would be able to give me some honest feedback as to whether or not the model would sell, I don’t understand how that’s fishing for compliments.

Chill out mate.

Kinda strange that you went from this:

Again, sorry if this is considered wrong/stupid/idiotic/whatever.
To this:

Okay that just confirms you’re a fucking retard.
…in such a short space of time.

I hope for your sake you are a kid.
At least then there is a chance you might grow up.

…it’s this sort of crap that makes me want to avoid the off topic section.

Swearing is a way of letting of steam, and a perfectly fine way to do it. If you disagree don’t go on the internet. I wouldn’t have to let off steam if the person who I was aiming that at wasn’t trying to turn what I said into something completely different.

I don’t need to grow up, I can be perfectly civil if others are the same, however Meta-Androcto was not being civil and was morphing what I said into something completely different and by doing so made me look stupid, which I considered an attack on me so I let loose and don’t regret it.

As I said in my post I was trying to be kind and not get into any arguments, I wasn’t sure if anyone would care that I posted it in the off-topic section which is why I apologized in advance, Meta-androcto thought it wasn’t the right thing to do so (even though he didn’t ask me to) I removed the pictures to prevent it from going any further. Now that Meta-Androcto feels the need to try and “read between the lines” of my first post and is producing bullshit I am speaking my mind.