Hi, I listen to a few podcasts (mostly linux/opensource related) and was wondering if anyone would be interested in listening to a Blender podcast.
I was thinking it could be done over skype/gizmo/whatever
Segments could be…
- News (probably discuss interesting stuff on blendernation, or other sites and important events etc)
- Discuss recent developments (from blenders SVN)
- Interview guest - people from the community, developers etc.
- Projects, similar to news, could review projects
- Review Features/Scripts/Other software - povray, aqsis, gimp etc… for use with Blender.
- Read listener questions/tips etc.
Blender might not be big enough for its own podcast so could throw some other opensource graphics apps in the mix every so-often too.
From listening to different podcasts, a good level of chit-chat/on topic/ audio quality is needed…
Take a listen to these guys, I think they have a good mix - relaxed but not too off topic.
I don’t fancy myself a radio presenter, however Im involved enough (mostly developer stuff) to co-host something like this, say every 2-4 weeks, if anyones interested…
And it could be fun!
Anyhow running a cheesy pole to see what you guys think… would this be a nice addition for the blender community, people can listen on the way to work etc, so another medium is good to have…
PS, by podcast I dont mean for exclusives use with an I-Pod