Would you pay some one else to render for you?

I would like some feedback on this, would you pay someone else to run a render job for you, so that you don’t have to worry about having your computer tied up for 3 days while you render an animation. let’s say something that would take 14.5 hours on a 3.0ghz pentium 4 w/ hyper-threading, and optomize blender, would come back in 8 hours, and cost $5, and you would have your computer to use while it was rendering. Would you pay for such a service?

Of course it depends on the cost.

IMO restate the question giving price ranges or something. Otherwise it’s like asking someone if they have stopped beating their girlfriend

Well, maybe not quite that bad, but you get my point?

:smiley:

I’d only pay for such a service if the time saved is worth the price.

The short answer: No.

The long answer: The only time I would consider paying for something like this would be when I’m rendering something important and can’t render it myself, or if rendering it would take more time than I could give it. That, and the price has to be reasonable. If it’s anywhere near the amount of paying for the minimum required hardware, I’d rather get the hardware myself.

Basically, the only time I’d need it, I’d probably need a whole render farm.

Most of the stuff I do is either single frame or short anim, so I don;t have the need at the moment.

(Besides I can use the P4 Hyper PC at home as a seperate renderer and my laptop for modeling, but I’m just one of the lucky few!)

No one will work their computer that hard and long for 5 Bucks. If I were geting paid for the animation then I might pay for the rendering and would definitely do so in a crunch if the other party guaranteed delivery On Time and Error Free, but I’d still start the process on my own equipment to cover my butt.