Wrapping around the spline curve in Blender

Hello to all,
I am new with Blender and I would like to know what is the best way to do something like this, but in Blender?

Any help is very appreciated.
Danijel

To animate the parts around the tire you can use a curve modifier for the “unfold” (second part) you might want to look into shapekeys. There’s plenty of stuff out on YouTube you can search for.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Animation and Rigging”

Modelling the tire is pretty basic, the unfolding animation not so much. But beginning with the modelling, you might want to watch Andrew Price’s “How to model a car tire”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhmRn-tYtxE

Hello to all,
Firstly, I would like to say thanks to all of you who are helping me.
Secondly, I would like to know is it possible to animate (fold/unfold) previously created tire (which consist of 3D layers like in the animation that I provided at the beginning), if it was modeled in other software and exported in .iges or .step? I am asking cause I am working as a tire designer but this is the first time that I am trying to find a software in which I will make animation. If it is not possible I will try to model it in Blender, by following the video that you provided. I hope I will have success. I am just concentrated to make animation about fold/unfold of tire layers.

Many thanks!

Well, it certainly is possible, but I’d venture to say it’s overly ambitious if you’re new to Blender. There are several ways to accomplish each of the elements, involving steps and techniques like proportional editing, shape keys and the (reversed) build modifier, for example. The “unmasking” might also be accomplished with a special OSL shader, but there may be other ways to do it as well. But again, if you’re inexperienced with Blender or other 3D animation software, I’d really say this is too advanced and will very probably just frustrate you. I reckon this sort of animation needs more than intermediate skills.

Thank you very much for the advice. I will try to do something and I will be back with some results.
Many thanks again!
Danijel