Wrapping geometry

hi everyone
sorry for maybe expressing myself in a special way, its my first question in a forum :slight_smile:
my plan it to create a Deltoidal icositetrahedron
and since there is no basic mesh creator for that, i took an image of the flat mesh and rebuilt it, easy

now I wonder how to wrap the geometry so it builts the wanted form, I also seamed the according edges
is there a suitalbe modifier, do I have to wrap it manually, if yes,how?

thanks for your help, I hope its the right place here to ask :wink:
greetings sebas

There is a better way that is way easier to do:

I used a cube and added a subdivision modifier with 1 subdivision.

If you are wanting the mesh, this is going to give it to you in the easiest way possible.

Now, note that there are non-planar faces just with this modifier. To fix that, apply it and search the function Make Planar Faces and use that to flatten them all so you get a deltoidal icositetrahedron.

1 Like

wow, thank you unyxium, thats so easy! ohman I wasted so much time, thank you alot!
but still I wonder if there is something like wrapping geometry automatically, cause I am interested in that topic anyway… Do you know?

Not that I am aware of. I wouldn’t have much clue as to “wrapping” something like that, especially when the faces are at such angles.
I suppose one way you could do it, manually, is to set the 3D cursor at an edge you want to bend, and then set the transformation origin to the 3D cursor. You could then rotate around that point to the angle required. It would be tedious work, but I suppose it would eventually turn out right if you do it for every joined edge.

It should be noted that “Catmull and Clark [is] based on the aesthetic appearance of the resulting surfaces rather than on a mathematical derivation”
Source: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/generate/subdivision_surface.html?highlight=subdivision