WSAG - A solid Multi Player Online Network
www.wsag.ch.vu
Project Start March 07
Containing these Files to download at www.wasg.ch.vu
-The Tutorial (Word documentation)
-The Basic Setup (.blend file)
-The Game (.exe and .blend file)
-Examples (.blend file)

WSAG - What dose it mean and what dose it stand for?
WSAG has 3 sections:
The Basic Setup (Template)
The Tutorial
The Game
And the all contain a solid Multi Player Online Network
Before we will take a closer look at each section I would like to highlight what makes this Project so Special:

• There are some other Multiplayer setups out there (and I learned a lot from them) but one of the unique things about this setup is that it is all inside one single .blend file (Server, Client and Explore Mod)
  • Many different People helped my in many different Ways to make this Project come true (See credit list in the WSAGdev.blend file that you can download at www.wsag.ch.vu)
  • Everything inside the WSAG BASIC file is absolute Free to use for what ever you want it for (even commercial) of course credits would be nice

So and now we will take a closer look at the 3 Sections of this Project
The Basic Setup (Template)

The Basic Setup is a .blend file that can be used as a foundation to build your own Game upon.
It contains an Explorer mode (Singe player) and a Server/Client mode (Multiplayer)
Its features are:
-A Start-up Menu with Intro
-A simple First Person Camera (FPC) setup
-Controls are: Moving, Jumping and Shooting
-Communication between Server and Client
-Location / Orientation
-Shoot Signal
-GP = Game Points (Live Points)

• Connection / Disconnection
    The Files are named WSAGbs3.5.blend (The 3.5 is always replaced whit the current version number)

The Tutorial

This tutorial starts at the very basics (like how to install Python or Blender) and quid you up to the advanced stage where you can build the WSAG Basic Setup yourself.
At the End of this Tutorial you be able to make a Multi player or/and a Single player Game.
Whit all the Futures of the WSAG Basic Setup
The Game

The WSAG Game will be build upon the WSAG Basic Setup.
Scenario:
In a time not far from now the human race make all the actions from there Mobile Office.
This Mobile Office can move around and send(shoot) 2 different Signals
Hacking Signals: To steal GPs from other Clients.
Pay Signals: To send GPs to another Client.
Goal:
Do not run out of GP or just collect as Many GPs as Possible.
You can get GPs by:
Stealing them from other Clients whit your Hacking Signal
Getting paid for a Service (for example: Bodyguard Protection for a other Clients and that client will Pay you by sending you a Pay Signal.)
Selling Items
Winning Contests (for example: You organise a Race and the Winner gets GPs for all the other Clients that join the Contest)

Places that exist in our Real World. All Locations are marked whit the real coordinates so that you can look them up in Google Earth…
Note:
Currently I’m Still working on the Basic Setup so that the Game is not really Up and running yet …

Okay. First of all, this belongs in the resources forum. This looks kewl and I’ll check this out.

Sorry If I posted this in the wrong section… For This Project still in working progress I thought I have to post it in the Work in Progress section… Why should this belong in the resources forum? And is it possible to move this treat if it’s in the Wrong section, don’t want to make anybody angry by posting in the wrong section…

OTO and I are the ones who’d move the thread, but I’m confused as to what exactly this is. Is it a game or is it a collection of resources for others to use?

Well the WSAG Project contains 4 elements:

1. The Game
    2 Basic Setup
    3 A Tutorial
    4 A Collection of Setups
    More Information can be found at my Webpage… wsag.ch.vu
    or at the forum where the development of this Project has been discussed up to now and in the future…

Main Treat (Game and Basic Setup):
www.gameblender.org/viewtopic.php?id=7
Tutorial:
www.gameblender.org/viewtopic.php?id=87
Examples:
http://www.gameblender.org/viewtopic.php?id=119

I posted this Information for everybody that is interested in making Multiplayer Games whit blender… Look at the Tutorial and Study the .Blend files and you will find most of the Information you will need to build your own Multiplayer game.
Also I Posted this Treat in the Hope that some of the Gurus (that have been working whit the Multiplayer Online Network Topics for a longer time then myself) would read the Tutorial and study the .blends and give my tips on how to improve them…

All right, this thread kind of defies classification but I’m going to move it to Resources. See you there!

Okay thanx for moving it to the correct places, Hope now the people that have Interest in this Project will find.
So that everybody that is interested in making Multiplayer Games whit blender can look at the Tutorial and Study the .Blend files hand hopefully benefit from them…
Also I hope that some of the Gurus (that have been working whit the Multiplayer Online Network Topics for a longer time then myself) would read the Tutorial and study the .blends and give my tips on how to improve them…

The WSAGdev.blend File that you can download on www.wsag.ch.vu has some big updates:

• Now Unlimited Clients can connect to the Server (As many as your hardware can handle)
  • Clients send there Position and Orientation to Server
  • Server sends the Position and Orientation to all the Clients
  • Clients receive the Position and Orientation of all the other Clients and set there Position.

So this is a very big Milestone in the Development of this Multi Player Online Network Game setup.
Hope Many people will enjoy it

Next Steps are…

• Collision Between Clients is not working
  • Sending the Shooting signal to Server and Server to Clients and Clients react to it is not working
  • If you get hit by a Shoot of a other Client your Game Points (Livepoints) are not effected by it jet…
  • Clients not send there Live Points to the Server jet and server is not displaying them jet.
  • If client disconnects he is not deleted from the Server Scene and all the Other Clients Scenes jet
  • Inserting Interesting Locations to the Project hope that some of you guys out there will help me by donation some Locations to this Project… Read the How to Support This Project below for the Information on what you will have to look for if you send my a Location/Scenario that I can use for my Project (Please keep in mind that the WSAG Project is open to everybody what means that everybody can use and change everything in this Project for his own use… Of course it would be great if they would give Credit… :slight_smile: )

Hope you all will enjoy and if so you will Support this Project
This is how you can Support this great Project:

How to Support This Project (LU 19.2.08)
You can Support this Project by:

-Sending me Models:
As a Character I will need a Mobile Office… Like a Small Go-Cart or a Water-Scooter with a build in Office… It should look like a Person sitting on in an Office chair in front of his Desktop and on that Desktop there is a Computer.
And all this is inside an open Scooter that can drive around, not on Wheels but on a Nitro Engine just floating about 1cm above the surface … Can you image what I’m talking about if not please ask?
The Measurements have to be:
· 1Blender Unit = 1 Meter
· The Mobile Office should have the dimensions of
· high 1.34 meters
· length 0.95 meters
· with 0.75 meters

-Sending me Scenarios:
I would like Scenarios form places that really exist… My first scenario will be the Workshop of my Grandfather were I used to play as a Child (read more about it on my Webpage Games Gerlin and WSAG) So, if you have a scenario that I can add to my Game send It to me together with the (Google Earth) Coordinates of the Upper right and the lower left Corner.
Ideas of Scenarios:

· National Parks
· City Parts
· Your Home Town
· High Ways
· Stations
· Airports
· Racing Areas
· Swimming Pools
· What ever you can think of….

Tutorial
Read the Tutorial and let me know what I do well and what I could do better…
If you find: Mistakes, wrong spelling or a Way how to write something better, rewrite that part of the Tutorial and send it to me.
If you have pictures that are better then mine Place them in to the Tutorial and send it to me.
Please mark all the Changes you made in the Tutorial Red and underlined this way I can see the changes faster.

Basic Development:
If you know a way to improve ore future develop my WSAGdev.blend file, make the Changes and send the changed .blend File to me together with a description on what, why and how you change it…Something like a mini Tutorial.

Donations:
On bottom of the www.wsag.ch.vu Page you can find a Donations Button where you can donate Money to this Project. The more money comes in the faster we can develop this Project

Credits:
Of Course I will add your Name to the Credit List together with a short description on how you supported this Project.

Thanx in advance for your Help
OldJim

The WSAGdev.blend File that you can download on www.wsag.ch.vu has some big updates:

• Now Unlimited Clients can connect to the Server (As many as your hardware can handle)
  • Clients send there Position and Orientation to Server
  • Server sends the Position and Orientation to all the Clients
  • Clients receive the Position and Orientation of all the other Clients and set there Position.
    So this is a very big Milestone in the Development of this Multi Player Online Network Game setup.
    Hope Many people will enjoy it
    Next Steps are…
  • Collision Between Clients is not working
  • Sending the Shooting signal to Server and Server to Clients and Clients react to it is not working
  • If you get hit by a Shoot of a other Client your Game Points (Livepoints) are not effected by it jet…
  • Clients not send there Live Points to the Server jet and server is not displaying them jet.
  • If client disconnects he is not deleted from the Server Scene and all the Other Clients Scenes jet
  • Inserting Interesting Locations to the Project hope that some of you guys out there will help me by donation some Locations to this Project… Read the How to Support This Project below for the Information on what you will have to look for if you send my a Location/Scenario that I can use for my Project (Please keep in mind that the WSAG Project is open to everybody what means that everybody can use and change everything in this Project for his own use… Of course it would be great if they would give Credit… :slight_smile: )
    Hope you all will enjoy and if so you will Support this Project
    This is how you can Support this great Project:
    How to Support This Project (LU 19.2.08)
    You can Support this Project by:
    -Sending me Models:
    As a Character I will need a Mobile Office… Like a Small Go-Cart or a Water-Scooter with a build in Office… It should look like a Person sitting on in an Office chair in front of his Desktop and on that Desktop there is a Computer.
    And all this is inside an open Scooter that can drive around, not on Wheels but on a Nitro Engine just floating about 1cm above the surface … Can you image what I’m talking about if not please ask?
    The Measurements have to be:
    • 1Blender Unit = 1 Meter
    • The Mobile Office should have the dimensions of
    • high 1.34 meters
    • length 0.95 meters
    • with 0.75 meters

-Sending me Scenarios:
I would like Scenarios form places that really exist… My first scenario will be the Workshop of my Grandfather were I used to play as a Child (read more about it on my Webpage Games Gerlin and WSAG) So, if you have a scenario that I can add to my Game send It to me together with the (Google Earth) Coordinates of the Upper right and the lower left Corner.
Ideas of Scenarios:
• National Parks
• City Parts
• Your Home Town
• High Ways
• Stations
• Airports
• Racing Areas
• Swimming Pools
• What ever you can think of….
Tutorial
Read the Tutorial and let me know what I do well and what I could do better…
If you find: Mistakes, wrong spelling or a Way how to write something better, rewrite that part of the Tutorial and send it to me.
If you have pictures that are better then mine Place them in to the Tutorial and send it to me.
Please mark all the Changes you made in the Tutorial Red and underlined this way I can see the changes faster.
Basic Development:
If you know a way to improve ore future develop my WSAGdev.blend file, make the Changes and send the changed .blend File to me together with a description on what, why and how you change it…Something like a mini Tutorial.
Donations:
On bottom of the www.wsag.ch.vu Page you can find a Donations Button where you can donate Money to this Project. The more money comes in the faster we can develop this Project
Credits:
Of Course I will add your Name to the Credit List together with a short description on how you supported this Project.
Thanx in advance for your Help
OldJim

That was… an interesting site. cool tut though! THANKS!

Dose Interesting mean good?

Yes it does bro. just never saw anything like that. i wanna do something like that with my wife, work together sort of thing.

Though… you should separate that stuff a little more… it seemed shoved at me and I didn’t know what you were all about. all the different things you did were on the same background and such, makes you look wishy washy. Feel me?

thanks
Terry

Howdy Nickadimons (Since we are going a bit of Topic I send you a mail about the Old Jim and Wife Project on my Homepage)

Here some Update on the WSAG Project:
The Turorial was updated again it is now up to date whit the WSAGdev.blend file (23.2.08 6:07h)
Both can be downloaded at www.wsag.ch.vu
Note that a lot of the new Scripts have this note at the End
XXXX = Explaining will be Inserted here later…
At the Moment the New Part of the Tutorial only shows how to set the Program up, but dose not explain what the Single lines of code do…
If someone wants to support this Project by explaining some of the New Scripts (in the same way as I explained the scripts in the beginning of this Tutorial), that would be a great Help… It would save my a lot of Time that I could use to future Develop this Project.
Note that in some of the Scripts I have a # in front of a Line of code… These Lines do not have do be explained because I probably will delete these Lines later because I’m not using them anymore… (They are still there from a older version of the Script where I was using them…)

Collisions Problem
Is it Possible that if you do a Parenting whit 2 objects that the Child is a active actor as well?
In my Game an Empty is the active Actor (whit all the Moving and Controlling) and the Cube around it is its Child.
Now if I in real-time only Create the Cube (in Server mod or in Client Mode the other Clients) then the Cube has now law of Physics. (You can see that if you select Show Physic visualization) how can I make a Child relay on Physic law by its own?
Do you understand what I mean?
Thanx for your help

OK I found this artikel:

Adding dynamic objects as children doesn’t work
Dynamic objects should not have a parent. If you need to add a batch of rigid bodies, check out the addObject2.blend demo, it uses the ‘instantAddObject’ on the AddObjectActuator.
If you need a complex setup with constaints, like a ragdoll or vehicle, you cannot create that group using an AddObjectActuator. Either use Python for this, to setup the constraints after adding the objects, or wait for future ‘constraint userinterface’ in Blender.

http://www.continuousphysics.com/mediawiki-1.5.8/index.php?title=Physics_Tips

So here comes the new Question how can I make a Object a Dynamic actor whit Python in Runtime?

Okay Guys I found a way to solve the Problem for more Info read my Tutorial:
To download the Tutorial and the new Blend file go to
www.wsag.ch.vu
Blend file => WSAGdev.zip
Tutorial => WSAG Tutorial.zip
Hope you will enjoy…

Tutorial and WSAGdev.blend are updatet again:
Now the Shooting Signal transmitts to Server and other Clients…

New in Tutorial is this Step:
(42)WSAG –Transmitting Shoot Signal between Clients (BV 2.44 PV 2.5.1) (LU 24.3.08)

Hope to see you at www.wsag.ch.vu
And to get some more responces on the Post 23-Feb-08 07:04OldJim

Tutorial and WSAGdev.blend are updated again:
Bug Fixed with Shooting Signal transmiting to Server and other Clients…
GP Count (Live) now Working = if you get hit by a Bullet you lose GPs

(25)WSAG – Gameplay – Setting up the Players – Shoot (BV 2.44 PV 2.5.1) (LU 27.3.08)
(42)WSAG –Transmitting Shoot Signal between Clients (BV 2.44 PV 2.5.1) (LU 27.3.08)
New Added
(43)WSAG –Counting GamePoint(GP) (BV 2.44 PV 2.5.1) (LU 27.3.08)

WoW a big Milestone in the Story of WSAG Is up and running whit the newest WSAGdev.blend that you can download at www.wsag.ch.vu
It now has all the Features that the 2.5WSAG.blend had whit the big difference that it’s now totally dynamic… Meaning there can be as many players as your CPU can handle…
So what is Possible now:

• A Menu in the Real-time Window to select PlayerTyp, Mode Type, Location, PlayerName and Server IP
    *A Explore Mode to Explore a choice of currently 3 Locations whit 3 different Players
    *A Server/Client Mode where you can Play together whit unlimited (as many as you CPU can handle) amount of other Players…
    *The server displays all the Client and there GP in the Real-time Window
    *This Info is Send to Server and other Clients:
    -Location /Orientation
    -Shoot Signal
    -GP Count (Live Count)
    So I hope you have fun and don’t think this is the End of this Project Its Just the Start a lot more is to come.
    Also Note that all the Basic Setups are documented in the Tutorial that you can download at www.wsag.ch.vu
    So you have the Possibility to learn how I made this Network setup and do it yourself and Customise it to your need…

I’m having some Problems working on the disconnection setups for WSAG… is there some one out there that can give me some Tips on how to do so…
The server needs to detect if a client disconnected and then send this info to all the other Clients.

Now the Server and the Client will have to delete all the Things related to that Client:
-The Client Objects itself.
-The registers in the Dictionary and the Lists
-Close the Post that the Client was communication over…
-Anything else…?

Hope some one can help me. .blend file examples and tutorials would be really welcome… or even better if someone has studied my Tutorial and could write a add to it… that way it would be adapted perfect to my WSAG project…
Thanx in advance
OldJim