Wud up wit dis?

I’m sure that I don’t have to say that I’m new to blender but I Have a question: when I add a “bez”. circle in “ortho” top view then switch to side view and add a second “bez” circle, shouldn’t they both face “out” in the respective views? Shouldn’t they be at 90 degrees to each other. If they both face up how :(can I correct this? I’m using Blender 2.49

simply have the Bezier Curve selected, press “R” to rotate, select your axis - in this case “Y”, so press Y. then enter in 90, then Enter or left click to confirm :smiley: that should do the trick

oh, and Welcome to BlenderArtists, prwlender! :smiley:

EDIT - whoops, I completely misunderstood what you meant…sorry :frowning:

Hi,

There is a User Preferences window that allows you to specify how new objects are aligned in the 3D view port. You can either have it set to always orients the same way regardless of your current view port alignment or tell it to always orient towards the current view port alignment.

In your user preference screen change the option highlighted in yellow to alter the behavior:

You nailed it right on the head! I did that and it work’s just the way I thought it might by default. This answers lots of questions…I tried the first suggestion about 100 times and always ended up with a figure 8…anyway thanks lots and it’s great to be part of the Blender Community!