WWI Historic Warplane - Fokker DR.I - Manfred von Richthofen Version - WIP

UPDATE: I have finished the Machine-gun, clock, seat, and crash padding.

The procedural wood is looking a little out of place . . . any ideas?

My machine-gun is extremely simple, trying to save on the extra polys . . .

This thread is on hold for the next few weeks, work has gotten busy and I am working on an entry for the latest BlenderGuru competition.

Like how you’ve made a 50-50 of the plane…looks really good. Good luck on the competition!

Thank you! I’m going to need it ;). I may get a WIP thread up once I have made a little more progress. It is going to be a complex scene . . .

This plane is looking good. You should make another british plane and make a dogfight scene.

Not a bad idea! I am working on a short film right now, but after that maybe I’ll get to it :slight_smile:

please dont call yourself a newbie, because you are about 100 times better than me!

Thanks man! I appreciate your appreciation :yes:

Progress continues on my short film, albeit fairly slowly. I will post a thread once I get some more solid progress (characters rigged, scenes mostly modelled)

Hey NID

One thing, Richthofen did not fly in the trifoil design for very long. He got a great majority of his kills with the albatross, the bifoil design. I am not saying you should change it but that is how it historically was.

NID, in the OP you said you were into technical details of aeronautics of the day. If you want the exact wing section used on the DR.1, it’s this one: http://airfoiltools.com/airfoil/details?airfoil=goe298-il

Reference list for lots of planes here: http://m-selig.ae.illinois.edu/ads/aircraft.html

Awesome! I never found that when I was making this model. If I ever revisit it, I’ll be sure to make the necessary changes!

Yes, he acquired only 19 of his 80 kills in this plane, but actually this is a replica of the one he received his fatal wound in (thus the title).

Thank you for the information though.