1 Like

Merlin pic 2

Attachments

Merlin pic 3

Attachments

1 Like

the flying wing - German HO-229

happy bl

Ricky, you have touched many interesting subjects in this thread.
I especially like the engine model.
The cars and tanks are also interesting, however I would suggest to improve their details: for example the tracks and tires do not seem realistic. In one of your posts there is a mistake (in #35): this is not the General Sherman tank, this is the earlier model: General Lee.

Keep blending :).

thanks for pointing out the mistake for the general lee
I corrected it in post #35

I will try to redo some better tank track and also the tires
but will take a while to redo these models
got so many other things right now

thanks for comments

happy blendering

here is the RP3 rocket

happy bl

WWii Teletype machine
Military model TG 7 B
PC of the time !LOL

happy cl

wow you have been busy. cool models.

just having fun learning blender and Cycles!

thanks for C&C

happy bl

here is one of the Basic Antenna model AN-148-M for airplanes

happy cl

here is an approximation for D day forces

happy bl

Ricky I have enjoyed your work here for quite some time. From basic training to the 82nd Airborne the U.S. Army sent me to a carrier equipment school for 24 weeks. As you probably know carrier equipment was to impose or superimpose many conversations on a twisted pair of copper wires. And, even way many more teletypes on that same pair. But, that is neither here nor there except it gives me an appreciation of your renders. And, yes the equipment I was taught on was vacuum tubes. Not to worry within six months of arriving at Fort Bragg all the equipment was updated to solid state.

But, your render of the old military tubes brought back quite a few memories. And, by the way. The old vacuum tube equipment was way more complicated to trouble shoot then the solid state. Good stuff here blender buddy. Keep it alive if you will.

What was the first year for Solid state and what kind ?
I mean I thought the TR was only after the War !

I do remember that the US invested may be more on electronic design then the Manhattan project
there was so many thing that change and improve things all over
from Big tubes down to miniature one
with big tubes major problem was size and power of filaments heating up building !LOL

thanks for C & C

Ricky, I think the solid state was actually reality in the early Fifties. But, not seen in any working Army communications gear until 1957. As you well know the military attempted to make that gear almost bullet proof. And, since the Airborne Divisions received the newest gear first I can say it didn’t appear in the field until 1957. Now I’m talking about the U.S. Army here. And, someone might know better but that is my observation.

If memory serves me well it was a little less then half the size of the existing tube equipment. And, a whole lot studier by design or seemed to be. But, the older equipment was damn sturdy. I heard a story of a paratrooper loosing his GP bag at 800 feet with a teletype in it. And, the bitch worked fine after that fall.

Heat was a problem with the old vacuum tubes. And, the size of the enclosures were based on that of course. And, one thing I remember which I don’t understand. The outside enclosures for our old vacuum tube equipment was wood. Whereas the solid state was a dimpled steel. Semi glossy as some of your renders. And, of course OD green.

here is the Hawker-typhoon

happy cl

Operation Pluto

Pluto = (Pipe-Lines Under The Ocean)

was an operation to construct oil pipelines under the English Channel between England and France in support of
Operation Overlord – the allied invasion of France.

Invention of the petroleum pipeline to distribute fuel from D-Day to VE day war effort in WWII.
design and invention of pipeline with 2 type of cable

• The Hartley Anglo-Iranian Siemens (Hais) pipe
• The Hammick Ellis (Hamel) steel pipe.

first type was made with a 3 inch flexible Led pipe call HAIS
This required a lot of led and it was kind of a problem to find enough led in WWII
weighing around 55 long tons per nautical mile (30 t/km) .

Second type 3 inch steel flexible HAMELs
Mostly flexible steel pipe

first line to France was laid on 12 August 1944, over the 130 km (70 nautical miles)
from Shanklin Chine on the Isle of Wight across the English Channel to Cherbourg.
2 Cable HAIS + 2 cable HAMELs --> 280 miles

Later on 17 others cables were laid from Dungeness to Ambleteuse in the Pas-de-Calais.
11 Cable HAIS and 6 Cable HAMELs --> 500 miles

Then many other pipelines where added inside the Continent to distribute fuel.
over 172 million imperial gallons of gasoline had been pumped to the Allied forces in Europe by VE day.
But this repersented less then 10% of the need in gas fuel.

here is the pluto cable / pipeline

happy bl