WWII Spitfire fighter

Hey guys, I haven’t really touched blender for a while but I figured that it’s time to start one of many projects.

this is a model I did today of a WWII Spitfire aircraft. Please go nuts with critiques.

Not bad man!
Maybe there should be more detail on the cockpit but you could do it also with texturing!
Are you going to make a game or an animation out of it?

it’s going to be an animation of still photographs that look like they’ve been camera mapped…if you know what i mean. the etail in the cockpit will be modeled and not textured. i have seen some models that did it with texturing and it looks like crap.

That’s really good as a start and I know it’s really hard modelling aeroplanes but to be honest it doesn’t look much like a spitfire due to the cockpit bubble since they were rounder. Reference images are your best friend in getting it right! http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=678&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=spitfire&oq=spitfire&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=389962l391039l0l391134l8l6l0l2l2l0l197l579l2.2l4 Good luck you’re doing well. :slight_smile:

Also if you’re not using blueprints I demand you use them! trust me it’ll help immensely don’t do things by eye especially planes… there’s no other way to do it. unless you’re really an expert with aircraft.

thanks dude, i did use a front/side/top reference for modelling but yeah the cockpit in the image wasn’t really clear.

I found blueprints for a spitfire before i started modelling but i wasnt gonna pay money for any images under 2k. i’ll keep working on it. cheers