www.blenderman.org . NEW VERSION

Hmmm I like bobtheviruse’s idea :slight_smile:

yeah i agree.

thats what i talk about when i refer to nitch markets.

forums in themselves are nto abd, or good, but how they are targeted is.

Alltaken

From Patrick and Michael/

Apparently, a debate is on
between those who prefer the old Blenderman and those who like the new one.

IF ANYONE is willing and has the knowledge to administrate
the old Blenderman. You are mostly invited.

GNOS system

and we will gladly link to it.
What makes you happy makes us
feel good.

It means over 20 hours a week of work.
and it is more then a commitment…
We have waited more then a month to find anyone
offering theirs services… No reply
but the invitation is still open.

you can become a candidate:
[email protected]
we are still waiting…

we do not mind offering the community both versions.
But we cannot administrate them all

This version will go on

Patrick and Michael

I don’t know if this is the appropriate place but…

I can’t create a new user account in Blenderman.org!

I have also tried to use the e-mail contacts but they get rejected with failures. Is the site down or just having issues?

Bout the broken links…
Web Hosting packs… Normal. I’m still working on financial details

As for blenderman.org

How to create an account?

“create an account” top left site of main page
Click on it and follow instructions.

(bfo)

so the jugement day is arriving

With michael and dreamgate…
normally middle of next week;
all features will function. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Models
articles
gallery, etc.

Patrick.
(bfo)

i can potentially help on layout.

we study ergonomics and GUI interface design in our ergonomics class.

website interfaces are particularly good, things like button placements, sizes, colours, shapes. navigation. choice of language. site consistency…

Alltaken

Nice site, I always read the Blenderman magazines, I really like the actions of these people doing this for the community.
Soon I hope I can upload my complete website that’s focused on the game engine of blender at: http://www.blendedreality.nl.tt It there a way to be a sister page? Like Blenderman is focused on modeling, rendering and even have model liberary, Blended Reality is focused on the game engine with tutorials, game sources (how to’s) games, and projects. I was even thinking about textured models and more.

I also have some place to add something to the Blenderman website. The only thing I don’t have is a registered url, but I was trying to buy one. Oly sad that blendedrealiy.com is not available :frowning: Btw is there a way to get that .com domain? because no one uses it, and the text on it is there already for ages. :frowning:

JD-multi

don’t be sad…I’ll give you an URL :smiley:

mail me at:
www.blenderman.org

Patrick
(bfo)

Ok sounds great I’ve answered your PM but I send you now my e-mail so we can talk about if over mail. :smiley: Thanks for the offer MB :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all.

8 Video tutorials

Feel free to learn
http://www.blender-france.org/image/free.gif

Many thanks to
Roy Pluschke aka GreyBeard.
2 great video tutorials in the forum. More to come.

Many thanks to Glen Moyes “Metsys”
6 tutorial videos video.

Notice: Users image gallery have 10mb at their disposal.

You wil find them all on Main page 18/09/2004 “Video tutorials”

Patrick
(bfo)

News
New video tutorials have been added.
By tuesday.
Every features will be available again.
and the store will be on line.

Mcf
(bfo)

I don’t think you should require people to create an account to access the video tutorials or the model archive. I can see having to create one to access the forums, but the vids? This makes absolutely no sense. I could create an account, but I don’t really want to. Of course, I’ll probably be forced to eventually, because you’ll probably need one to download the magazine.

/d_m :x

Well registering is not all that bad is it?
It’s not painful…you have also registered here haven’t you, to ad in freely your comments?

Why do we want to put on limits?

1/ it’s a minimum for all contributors and staff to know
that a minimum effort is done by users to join in,
Then just taking and going away.

we do not live on air. We do not live on donations. We need to interest our partners and prove to the them that the community really exist……Blender is not the centre of the world and many companies, organisations do not know about Blender, nor it’s community.

you just do not go in to see a company saying I’ve got an” idea”, please join in as a partner.
You have to bring in a business plan and proof on what it is based on.

If we want to develop projects, features, content, it means financial resources.
And we are working on that. And we need to know about the community engagement
Is that much asking?

About the Magazine… we are working on a printed mag not a downloadable one. Now beside the printed mag , if you want to collaborate on a PDF mag, as it did exist…
you are mostly welcome…it means over 20 hours of work/week. As yet only one person has offered his services to work on it.

The people who worked on it freely spent many hours of their free time on it.

So taking 2 minutes of your time registering cannot compete with their time spentWorking for all.

We live in democratic internet world…Our site is not the only one that can satisfy everyone an I doubt we will ever satisfy everyone…

Patrick

(bfo)

i agree, registering is not such a big deal IMO.

heck if you are really worried about it, jsut use a semi-personal email address.

MB i will try to get some content together over the next few months. i am doing a drawing class starting in about 1-2 months, and i might release the stuff to the mag (or some of the stuff since the classes will be paid for)

i think it would be cool to get some stuff in a printed mag for blender users.

Alltaken

Thanks Alltaken…I, but also all the staff and contributors are very happy to know you will join in to help :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for your support

Patrick

i could make some articles about how it is to blend. but i dont spend 20 hours per week for a pdf mag. im too lazy for that :stuck_out_tongue: .

1+1+1+1…===a real content site :smiley:

everyone at his one level and time capacity can put his brick on to build an interresting site…with real content.

Patrick

I agree with Patrick,

Not much of you will know how much hard work ‘Andrew Kator’ put out when he first launched the blenderman.org and subsequently the whole site and not to mention the first two magazines before things got out out hand.

The PDF downloads were hitting roof and despite personel problems, he continued with some of us chipping in for third relese. The long time and effort which was used to put in blenderman.org has only got momentum with BFO taking over. Their plans may look wierd to someone.

We get more foccused and more dedicated blenderman (Andrews work was no less anwway). Well published mag will be much better than monstrous free downloads, which have cost, time and work associated with it.

What you get is just not mag. or downloadable tuts, but a whole new collobrative space for all blenderheads.

So registering and all the part that goes with it should not be taken for granted. As patrick have already mentioned I guess there are more than enough reasons to understand.

Mifune

Get started ! :slight_smile: … NOW !

1+1+1…
hey thats a maths thingy :stuck_out_tongue: Patrick

Gaurav

PS MB-patrick, MCF??

Varuag

PS MB-patrick, MCF??

illegal-op= blenderman admin
MB=Patrick(bfo)
MCF= press editor in chief (bfo)
(Magazine)