X Box

Ebay Item

Anybody think this is worth going after? (i don’t have an xbox yet)

I wish I had one. :frowning:

My parents won’t let me, though. %|

probably broken but for 20 bucks its worth a try.

says it works

and says the current min bid is $52

well it was twenty when i looked at it.

the resereve is proberly like £100

There is no reserve.

/d_m

I thought games consoles were pretty cheap new these days. It’s over $100 now not including the $20 shipping and you only get one game.

I’m sure if you look for one of those package deals in a sale, you’ll get a decent offer with warranty. And it won’t be hideously green. Try something like this.

It’s already more expensive than on amazon

Current bid: US $185.00

LOL well yeah some people think the green (and the white) edition box is a bit of a collector’s item… idiots.

You can find them cheaper than that surely… and the xbox is great… especially if you get live.

i get the feeling it is your first time using ebay.

the way it works is if the seller wants avg-high price they will take a risk and start the bid at something small with no reserve(since ebay doesnt update the search list until the end of the day it could say $20 after searching but in fact be 185) but the auction goes on for a long time enough to get a whole bunch of people hooked

have you seen the new pstwo? that one looks realy neat. it is became a lot thinner and it gots an ethernet adapter standard.

(dont flame me :stuck_out_tongue: )

that is pretty offtopic, and could be a troll

but, I’ll bite anyway

where’s the hard disk go on the new one?
wha? no hard disk?
no firewire?! [couldn’t tell]
bah, my ps2 is bettah!

i have a ps2 too. but the pstwo looks nice.

and now back to buying a xbox on ebay. i wouldnt do it. and a xbox + burnout3 is cheaper in holland than that one at ebay. but id rather buy a psp when it comes out.

btw. i have a reputation to hold of posting stupid things :stuck_out_tongue: .

And besides, a computer is better than an X-Box.

I’m not sure about that one. I guess if you’re a hardcore gamer but you have to pay a far higher price. Consoles are cheap 'cos they only really do one thing and they do it well. Games run much more reliably because there is only one hardware/platform target.

I heard mention of the PS2. I do prefer it myself but I doubt HL2 & Doom 3 can be played on it. It’s getting really old. I can’t wait until 2006 for the PS3. If M$ didn’t sell XBox, I might have considered buying - I just don’t like that the gaming community had the whole Nintendo, Sega, Sony rivalry and then M$ stick their monopolising neb in and try to dominate the games market as if the fact they control most of the PC community wasn’t enough. Greed I think it’s called.

The Xbox sure is ugly and bulky too. Sony win in the style depo. I don’t like the controllers either. If you still want a cheap XBox, I’d check the classifieds of a local selling paper. I find some stuff cheaper than ebay because people are so desperate to get rid of it or don’t know the value.

Xbox only has only one good game (IMO) and dont think it needs to be named to know what it is.

I disagree.

My experience with gaming on the PC is no end of patches / incompatibilities.

Gaming on the console simply works.

Besides I’d rather keep my pc for productive use, and my console (Gamecube) for gaming.

Brian

I’ve never spoken to anyone who owned a gamecube. It’s about half the price of the other consoles, you can take it in the car and the 2nd hand games are dirt cheap (again about half that of the other consoles). I wasn’t going to get one because I have it in my head that it’s geared for kids. Is that a misconception?

I’ve never spoken to anyone who owned a gamecube. It’s about half the price of the other consoles, you can take it in the car and the 2nd hand games are dirt cheap (again about half that of the other consoles). I wasn’t going to get one because I have it in my head that it’s geared for kids. Is that a misconception?[/quote]

That’s a misconception!

Lots of games out for the GC, which are not suitable for kids:

XIII, Medal of Honour series, Red Faction II, Rainbow Six 3, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Splinter Cell, etc

Then you’ve got the Resident Evil Series, racing simulators etc etc etc.

It’s not just Mario and kiddy patformers.

I’ll admit that Super Mario Sunshine is a very fun game, despite it being labelled a “kiddy platformer”!

Brian