X-Emitter V1.10.2 - 11/1/11 - BGE Particle System - Bugfix

Thanks a lot :smiley:

No problem. I’m glad people use this.

Ok, I was now able to import it in another scene xD
It works very nice, except that when I move around with my character, the screen sometimes get lightblue when I’m in a certain angle…
Is there a way to change this?
Luke

SolarLune, what program is used for video recording?

@Lagidigu - I’m not sure what that problem is, though I think it’s because of a certain object. See if you can isolate it by moving emitters around, or is it only appearing when one emitter is on?

@Toxa17 - I use VirtualDub (I think I use VirtualDubMod, but this has newer updates, so maybe that’s the better choice).

Yes, I think I figured it out… Sadly I can’t have alpha textures too close to the particle effects (like plants), because then for some reason blender shows me the world horizon color…
Never Mind, it’s an awesome plug-in :smiley:
What would make it infinitely awesome would be a feature where the particles always track to the camera, because then you could make things like fire coming out of a Rocket, laser “bullets”, and so on.
I’ve already managed to make fire coming out of a moving rocket, and smoke following a path :smiley:
Keep it up,
Luke

Thanks - what do you mean ‘particles always track to the camera’? I checked, and all of the particles but the fire, volumetric smoke, and rain particles are all Halo texture enabled, meaning that they should rotate to face the camera.

Also, it sounds like you might have a graphics card setting that’s messing with the effects. See if you just place a particle (not with the X-Emitter) next to the alpha texture, if the problem arises.

Oh, you’re right, with halo on it works seamlessly :smiley:

With the particle itself, nothing happens, it’s the emitter. A friend of mine tried it out with his ATI card (I’m using Nvidia) and he didn’t have anything… What setting could probably mess it up?

Thanks for your help :smiley:

Lukehttp://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=11501

I don’t know, but when I tried out your demo level (which was pretty good-looking, by the way), I didn’t see any bug. I’m just guessing here: try changing your anti-aliasing or mip-mapping settings. By the way, that game’s looking pretty good!

Thanks, we’ve got a lot more, all made in Blender, we’re now working for about 5 months on it :smiley:
Ok. Now I solved it, and I don’t know how I could find this stupid setting to change xD
It was simply changing Antialiasing - Transparency to Off instead of Applicatin Controlled. Thanks a lot man, your name will definetely be written in big in the credits ;D
Keep it up!
Luke

Post updated with X-Emitter V1.7. Collisions have been implemented.

@Lagidigu - You’re welcome. If you want your game to look a bit more official when you credit me for using X-Emitter, you can use the banner on the first page, or one of the banners included with the X-Emitter V1.7 download.

First post updated with X-Emitter V1.7.1 - A new variable for emitter and particle deletion, to solve particle orphaning.

First post updated with X-Emitter V1.7.2 - a simple bug-fix version.

This emiter is getting very cool, I hardly use particle on my projects(game projects), I think that since blender never had a particle system I got used to it, but with this one I m getting my hope back, amazing work as aways solar lune!

Thanks. I don’t think that I can really make it any faster, outside of perhaps checking the particles to see if they’ve changed in a game frame, and if not, then not calculating them… At this point, the BGE could use a speed increase to get incredible particles. But at this point, I’d say the X-Emitter’s a viable solution for particles in the BGE.

Post updated for V1.8. Welp, I managed to get it a bit faster.

yay, nice mate!

Yeah, thanks. The only real way to make this faster would be to custom-write a particle calculation script for your particles. For example, the fire code may not need collision or friction, so that part wouldn’t be necessary. By custom shaping the particle script, you should be able to make it execute faster and faster.

Some wish list stuff:

Ability to freeze or slow the particles as they spawn in volumes, for use in cloud generation.

Ability to smear particles along the axis of motion (like the tron lightcycle trails)

Particle deflection (like the exhaust of a rocket deflecting off the launch pad)

Cheers

Paul

1. Freeze or slow? Could you use the ‘partfriction’ variable to slow down particles as they move, and use a long life-span on them? There’s a particle system included (Mist) that looks a bit like a cloud.

2. ‘Smear’ particles? For a lightcycle trail in the BGE, you wouldn’t spawn many particles, but would basically just spawn one and stretch it until the cycle turns or crashes, at which point you create another (if the cycle didn’t crash).

3. Particle deflection is already supported. The particle system that showcases this feature is just turned down. Turn up the life of the particle system (CollisionTest) under the sphere in the demo file.