XP Service Pack 2, Opinions?

probably fort knox

Alltaken[/quote]

Nope, more people will try to rob Fort Knox but more will succeed in robbing Wal Mart.[/quote]

Ok, lets stay with the Wal Mart analogy.
Assuming every Wal Mart uses the same lock numbers on its safe, same security patterns and all that.
If stores in a town are pretty much all Wal Marts by a 90% proportion, are you going to try to crack their security or that of the random Joe Sales on the corner of the street?

Now, this doesn’t mean Wal Mart will be robbed more, but there’s certainly more people that are going to try. In a non perfect system, that would statiscly mean a lot more chance of someone finding a weakness, don’t you think?

Martin[/quote]

Oh man, I’m just trying to say that Windows security is bad. It’s a well known fact. They even secured their system passwords using hash algorithms at one point instead of encryption - don’t know if they still do that or not. So all you had to do was get the algorithm and you could hack into systems and servers.

You’re right though that people wouldn’t even try to break into Fort Knox. In fact no-one ever has tried to break into the gold vault. I should have said that. Either way, Alltaken was wrong - that’s all that matters ;).

You’re probably right about Wal-Mart being secure, I don’t know, I just picked a popular store. The thing is, safe security isn’t that hot, I’ve seen professional safe-crackers crack office safes in minutes. The difference is that Fort Knox will have military security with armed police. That’s a bit more daunting to a thief than some pimply store assistant. Also, Wal-Mart might be a more popular target than Joe Sales because they’ll have a lot more money.

I heard from a store assistant that the weekly takings were about £1million. But I don’t know, I’m not a robber - :Z (yeah, yeah that’s zorro, I know but it’s the closest thing there is. We should get people to make 3d smilies in Blender)