YABNCR

Yet-Another-Blender-Noob-Car-Render

http://web.telia.com/~u85919071/img/diablo/diablo2.jpg

Sorry, I’m aware that the forum has been flooded with car renders as of late (them, together with womens heads seems to be the new “sphere with interesting lighting”), but I made it because I’m lazy and not a superb modeler. This was primary a modeling exercise and wasn’t supposed to even use materials, but I got carried away. Will place it in a proper scene once it is finished.

Some details on the car are missing (tailwing, some lights, misc chassi details etc). Also most of the models for this type of car has a rounded front, I might change that as well, what do you think? Mostly in need of C&C about the materials (spec and reflection mostly, not 100% sure if they are correct). Was aiming for yellow at first, but it all looked like gold to me, and I figuered you can never go wrong with red on a sports car.

Some feedback would be appreciated cause I rarely do hi-end stuff and could use some pointers. It is a 100% Blender model rendered in Yafray. No post-production (yet). Give me a shout if you want a wire.

No HDRI used. Those are true reflections from the scene (the white “dots” are supposed to be from lightramps since it’s supposed to be at a car show).

i really like the texture it is nice.

the modeling looks pretty good especiall at the back and the sides.
but the front on the top it a bit wierd. I don’t really like the sir things. you should take them off or change them to make it biger but thiner.

you could also make the front longer.

also righ on the front there are gery things. wut is it suppose to be?

the side mirror look a bit small too make it longer.

finnely the tires. It looks a bit rounded you should make it a bit sharper.

so that is what I think, but it is a really good start

Here are a few critics on the modelling:

The mirrors looks strange.
The “holes” in the front of the windshield need some work.
There are no door handles.
The tires need a lot of work.
The car looks strange without the radiator holes in the front. Even the cars with a rear engine do have these holes in the front.

What are “sir things”? Please exlplain.

you could also make the front longer.

It is supposed to be short, it’s not my design. :confused:

also righ on the front there are gery things. wut is it suppose to be?
Gery things?

the side mirror look a bit small too make it longer.
Correct, it is on the todo-list.

finnely the tires. It looks a bit rounded you should make it a bit sharper.
Yes, the tires have a lot of issues at the moment. They are no more than placeholders.

but it is a really good start

Thank you!

Please explain in what way. To much? To little? “Wrong” reflections?

The “holes” in the front of the windshield need some work.

Yes I have been thinking about making them a bit sharper. I don’t think they should be bigger though.

There are no door handles.

I think they are placed under the “edge” on the door. However, some reference pictures show the lock on the door. I might add that.

The tires need a lot of work.

Indeed.

The car looks strange without the radiator holes in the front. Even the cars with a rear engine do have these holes in the front.

Not this model it seems. I think they use the intakes on the side and back.

I’ll post a reference pic to avoid further confusion about what is part of the car design and what is missing in my modeling: Lamborghini Diablo

Ok - forget about the door handles and radiator holes on the front.

The mirros are too small and have an unusual (and ugly) shape. Is impossible to process the metal in such a way to have this kind of the mirror extruded from the door. Look at your reference for the right size and shape.

Also some windows sealing is needed.

The A pillars need to be thicker and the B pillars need to be made of plastic (look at your reference image).

sorry for all the speling mistake.

well for the first one i meant aire things. on the near with front window

also i meant grey things on the front but i guess it will be for the lights.

Ok, I think I misunderstood you before. It’s on the todo-list.

Also some windows sealing is needed.

Right, adding that too.

The A pillars need to be thicker and the B pillars need to be made of plastic (look at your reference image).

What pillars are we talking about? Still the rearview mirrors? I’m not to good with cars…

yep, those are on the todo-list now.

also i meant grey things on the front but i guess it will be for the lights.

Correct, placeholders for lights.

A pillars are the pillars of the cars on the right and on the left of the windshield. B pillars are the ones between the windows of the door and the last widow on the side. I hope it is clear now what I’m talkking about.