Hi there. I am opening this since the old one is outdated and closed. We are testing a new version of YafaRay, fully compatible with Blender 2.74 and with some new interesting features and old bugs fixed.
- Fixes for Volumetrics (already merged in YafaRay source code). See: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5036&start=15
- Povmaniaco fix for Volumetrics when using SPPM (already merged in YafaRay source code). See:https://github.com/YafaRay/Core/commit/6f0fdafa4daf2469a020864ce3e7015459513314
- New Clay Material render system, more powerful (not yet merged in YafaRay source code). See: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5079
- New Texture Mapping for Sigma factor of Oren-Nayar shader in Shiny Diffuse material (not yet merged in YafaRay source code). See:http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31037#p31037
- Fix for Inverted color when mapping Voronoi/Musgrave to diffuse color (not yet merged in YafaRay source code). See:http://www.yafaray.org/node/187
- Fix for Exception in yafaray-xml when using xstart/ystart different than zero. See: http://www.yafaray.org/node/597
- Fix for some cases where Normals were incorrectly calculated and showing black NaN areas. http://www.yafaray.org/node/623
- IMPORTANT: This beta2 includes an EXPERIMENTAL change to calculate automatically Shadow Bias and Minimum Ray Dist depending on the scene size. This is to avoid black artifacts when resizing the objects. However as it’s a fundamental change that affects everything, perhaps some new artifacts could appear in the images now and further fine tuning needed in this new formula. Please give us feedback about it in the forum:http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5084
- Small correction in the new Clay Render system. In the previous beta1 the original diffuse reflection for each material was incorrectly preserved. Now it will force it to 1.0 during Clay Render.
- Now it works with the latest development builds of Blender (2.74.5). Blender made a change that caused black renders but thanks to Jens Verwiebe that’s fixed!
- Extended Texture Mapping system. I’ve added many new options for texturing materials. In the GitHub link above you have the examples. I will be putting the images in this forum so we can discuss about them: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5091
- Changes to the blend material “component” material1,material2 handling.
- New advanced parameters for fine control of Shadow Bias/Min Ray Dist if the automatic calculation is not good enough.
- Fix for caustics noise coming from Non-IBL background in Photon Mapping.
- Background “power” parameters relocated.
Windows and Linux builds at:
OSX 10.6 - 10.10: http://www.jensverwiebe.de/Yafaray/Y…ntel_64bit.zip
Unzip and put folder in Blender scripts/addons folder. You can use Blender User Preference panel to install the addon as well. Please test it and let us know if it works for you or if you have any new issues or problems. If all works fine, perhaps these improvements will be included in the next official version of YafaRay.