YafaRay News.

Updates in the last page.

You can download YafaRay here:
http://www.yafaray.org/

Mac OSX version included.

Thank you!

Hi

Today just after i added the new RC3-installer, QT 4.5.2-cocoa was released.
The former cocoa-version had issues, but now i tested it fine. Cocoa is superior
to the older Carbon-API and is needed to for later 64bit-transition.
Other QT-dependent apps like qtpfsGUI ( HDR-Editor ) will benefit from it too.

For all that like to have Blender non-blocked after rendering in YafaRay-Gui,
please get qt-mac-cocoa-opensource-4.5.2 and install it.
The nice: it is already both 32 and 64bit compliant.

Edit: updated OSX-RC3a with new QT: http://yafaray.darkstyle.com.mx/osx/

Link: http://get.qtsoftware.com/qt/source/qt-mac-cocoa-opensource-4.5.2.dmg

After rendering and closing the GUI, Blender is now accessible again without
tipping on the border.

Please test it and give reports if all ( other ) works fine now.
I will include the frameworks in later YafaRay RC´s then…

Here i added the RC-installation-notes for OSX due some install-locations changed
( and so installation-process itself ):

OSX installation notes (release candidates )

!!! I changed the install completely, to match the new structure of YafaRay !!!

• Remove all old Pythonscripts before you install.
• All YafaRay-Python-files are installed now in /usr/local/share/yafaray/blender. ( all scripts and bindings, 10 files )
• YafaRay-libs are installed in: /usr/local/lib ( as before )
• YafaRay-xml is installed in: /usr/local/bin ( as before )
• QT-frameworks are installed in: /library/frameworks ( as before )
• After the installation there will be only a symlinked yafaray_ui.py left either in Scripts-Folder or in Blender.app-package-scripts, depending where you choosed to install it. This script now controls the whole Exporter-functionality. Don´t worry it shows only 0 byte to be installed, it is caused by being only a symbolic link.
• The installer searches for Blender in Applications/Blender, only if found there, the “Exporter->Blender”-install is shown. If you have Blender in another location or renamed it, please revert this or choose “Exporter->PythonScripts”-install. If a PythonScripts-folder is not present, it will be created by the installer.
• No need anymore to drag and drop anything.
• Just take your choice for exporter-location, thats all needed.
• Please read also the instructions whereas installing.
• the renderparameter-overlay should now show: YafaRay 0.1.1 !!!
• in terminal: yafaray-xml -v should too show: YafaRay 0.1.1 !!!
• Install YafaRay-installer as usual. Used as an update, it only updates outdated components. If you already have QT 4.x or higher installed or want to hold another version, you can skip QT . QT-4.5.1 is bundled with the install, but all QT-versions 4.x should work too.
• If you never used external scripts before, make sure to set the pythonscripts-path in blender-preferences.
• No further installs needed
• Make sure you use a Blender compiled with Python 2.5 (called “custom” at blender.org/downloads)
• Important: YafaRay is compiled against Python 2.5.1-Apple, the pre-installed one! Don’t install any other Python-version. This could break functionality.
• The tested configuration is using the preinstalled Python 2.5.1-Apple on OSX 10.5.x (resides in System/Library/Frameworks) and the Blender compiled with Python 2.5 “custom”, too!
• Other combinations may not work.

Greetz…Jens

thanks for your hard work.

Thanks Alvero to correct the bugs for this new RC3 for 2.6 blender

i did clean up and check all the folders and did not see anay yafraray python scripts
and proceded to install the new yafaray RC3 and seem to work fine now !

that’s good news at last i get it back on line !
and can see the yafaray render window but it’s totaly black !

now is there any sort of little test file to test if it render s ok?

but even with that test file is there any parameters to be set inside yafaray for may be materials or other values before doing the render ?

Thanks
Happy blendering

http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userguide

Richard

Thanks a lot for the RC3, and a special thanks to Jens for this focus bug corrected on OSX!

Added Mac OS X 10.5 with python 2.5.4
Added Ubuntu 32 and 64 bits, compiled with Python 2.6, check whether is compatible with latest version of Ubuntu, please.

Just tested on ubuntu jaunty 64bit. Works a treat on the scenes I’ve tried with so far. ( and much easier upgrade than the last couple have been!)

Thank you for this.

cool to see news! are there any release logs?

I am tryingto run this on xp x64, anyone know what to do about this error?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 1, in <module>
File “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Blender Foundat
ion\Blender.blender\scripts\yafaray_ui.py”, line 2349, in <module>
main()
File “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Blender Foundat
ion\Blender.blender\scripts\yafaray_ui.py”, line 2312, in main
expVer = yaf_export.getVersion()
JF

having issue on vista64 as well, here is my thread in yafaray forum - not solution yet…
http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2339&p=12509#p12509

Jens

you might also want to mention that they should remove the old yafaray
install the new QT first and second Yafaray.

I needed to follow that in OS X to get it to work. Before I got the
following error message?

6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] Compiled with Python version 2.5.1.
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] Checking for installed Python… got it!
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] ERROR: Importing yafqt failed, Qt GUI will NOT be available.
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] Traceback (most recent call last):
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] File “<string>”, line 1, in <module>
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] File “/Applications/Blender/Scripts/yafaray_ui.py”, line 94, in <module>
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] import yaf_export
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] File “/usr/local/share/yafaray/blender/yaf_export.py”, line 17, in <module>
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] import yafrayinterface
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] File “/usr/local/share/yafaray/blender/yafrayinterface.py”, line 22, in <module>
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] import _yafrayinterface
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/share/yafaray/blender/_yafrayinterface.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libHalf.6.dylib
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libyafaraycore.dylib
6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] Reason: image not found

My error seems to be related to python scripts. It didn’t make sense to me that you need to remove the old scripts because the new ones would overwrite the old. On xpx64 blender 2.49a is putting scripts in the application data\blender foundation\blender.blender\scripts folder. So I uninstalled the old yafaray, and deleted the yafaray scripts, then installed the new version ,still getting the no attribute error I posted above.
Any suggestions?
JF

@ claas, hey you have to add which version you used !!!

This is clearly not my version:

6/28/09 9:49:01 PM [0x0-0x9b09b].org.blenderfoundation.blender[1388] ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/share/yafaray/blender/_yafrayinterface.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libHalf.6.dylib

!!! umxprime added an build with Python 2.5.4 - don´t confuse it with mine, i will talk to him
if he missed the exr-thing statically, what cekuhnen´s error shows !!!

Installing first QT and then Yaf, i hope you don´t install QT twice, else
with the RC3-py2.5-build you will downgrade to QT 2.5.1.

Anyway…

Here is a new complete install with newer QT, all other things unchanged ( new host too ):

http://yafaray.darkstyle.com.mx/osx/

Again: this RC3a already has QT 2.5.2_cocoa in it, so additional install of
QT is not nessecary ( as long as you don´t need a full QT-install for other apps )
RC3a means "added newer QT " !!!

Jens

Can I install 32 bit python for 32 bit Yafaray on XP Pro 64 bit.

Can I install 32 bit python for 32 bit Yafaray on XP Pro 64 bit. Sorry about the double posting.

yes, but you would also need 32 bit blender i believe to get a blend or export file the 32 bit python can read.

Bkjernisted, I am working with the same combo in xpx64, and got it to the getversion error I posted above, if you get any results please post them maybe we can help each other.
JF