YafaRay Python error 998?

When I try to render any scene it says “Python script error, check console” The console says some dll’s and other files it loaded then says “WindowsError: [Error 998] Invalid access to memory location” Yafaray worked fine this morning, but now it wont work! :frowning:

Try feeding the error to google, it might help to resolve it. It looks like it is a Windows problem.

System Error Code 998 is commonly caused by:

• Windows Registry Damage or Corruption
  • Device Driver Conflicts
  • Hardware Malfunction
  • Virus or Spyware Infection
  • Software File Damage or Corruption

I got that too, are you using a 64 bit computer?

Yea. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, 64 bit, 4 gigs RAM. It was working in the morning, but then just stopped.

Even if you have YafaRay for 64 bit, you need to install the 32 bit version of python and blender.

rvngizswt there is no 64 bit Yafaray for Windows, that is why you need 32 bit Blender and Python, and tlehmann said in his first post it was working this morning…

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it is a Yafaray problem.

@ tlehmann, you could try removing and reinstalling Python, Blender and Yafaray, possibly in that order. It might help.

It might also be worth taking a look at this:-
http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2423

woops my bad it’s been a while, sorry. Also, I had the same error and doing what I said fixed it.

Yes, it is an error that can occur when you use 32 bit applications on 64 bit Windows, but that suggests the problem is related to Windows rather than Yafaray or Blender.

tlehmann, can you give more information on your set up?

Actually, everything is fine now. I opened up my laptop and now it renders just fine! :slight_smile: Thanks for all the ideas, though.

And it’s stopped working again… What do you mean by setup? I am using the 32 bit versions of python, blender, and yafaray. It has worked before, but suddenly stops.

if you want python 2.6.