Yafray 0.1.0

@Pepi: It was already answered by Alvaro. :slight_smile:

Check the general settings in the export script. There you can change the number of threads.

MfG
sk2k

Give the billboards a transparent material and increase Raydepth on the Settings panel; they should work out.

Soory, I havenot seen that answer!
TNX :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

Bert has posted an example of alpha mapping here:

http://www.yafray.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9166#9166

regards

Thanks Alvaro, I was in a hurry and didn’t have time to check my advice was correct. Something learned, I feel.

Alvaro answerd that. He said yes :smiley:

Edit: Dammit. quit posting afore me

This YAF(A)RAY is very fast, and finnaly after many years I`v got reflected light from the mirror object or focused light from sphere.
Only thing I cannot get is dispersed light from “glass cube” (as visible in picture)
YAFARAY can do that, but can it do in Blender?

http://www.plavifraktal.com/cube.jpg

Getting an error about

“Constant” object has no attribute “Window”

I was able to solve it with one material but now i am stumped.:spin:

I was so happy when I found Blendfreds question, but apparently his problem was different from mine :(, as my problem is that these scripts, does not show up in the menus.

I believe I have all the prerequisites installed. Running 32bit Vista ultimate, I have Blender 2.48 - works with Yafray 0.0.9 (still), so far so good

I already have Python 2.5.2 installed, and even though it should, AFAIK, not be necessary I installed both the 2008 and 2005 sp1 redistributables (I assume no reboot is necessary)
I have installed the Binary from Yafray.org (yafaray-r287-win32)
I have installed the Qt libraries
and… nothing, no change from previously
I checked the directory with the blender.exe file and found the two “qt” dll’s, I checked the scripts directory (under user\appdata\roaming etc) and found 2 (new) scripts in the scripts directory

now 2 things are weird.
First of all the 2 scripts are called _yafrayinterface.pyd and _yafqt.pyd that is a .pyd extention not just .py. Might be this is correct but it sticks out(tried changeing them to .py but no change)(also no (a) in yaf(a)ray)
Secondly, if I check the install/uninstall under the control panel, I notice that the QT libraries is reported with a size of no less than 16,7GB (the two dll’s 8852kb together in the blender directory)

Any input on what I am missing would be very welcome
Jakob

ps. I have blender installe on E:\program files\b… not C:\ (no room)