YafRay Render Always Green?

I’m working on a project right now and am just starting to get accustomed to using Yafray, and just switched to 0.0.9.

I’ve got everything working except for the colour… I just keep getting green renders, even when the absorption and object and mapping colours are all not green.

A friend of mine told me he’s had the same problem, but couldn’t remember how he finally managed to fix it.

So – how do I get out of this rut?

Here’s the file. http://www.geocities.com/cronocat0/Green.zip
Just ignore the animation part and render on frame 1 I guess.

In the material settings of the glass, you need to set “Samples” under Dispersion in the Mirror Transp tab to a higher value. Set it up to 6 to 7 for test renders, and maybe even up to 20 for a high quality render.

This image should help show what you need to change, and here is a render of your image with just the new settings changed.

edit: And by the way, the color or your material for the large chunk of glass is pretty much green. That would be another reason to make it always render green.

Attachments

Thanks. I was pretty stumped on this one… I’m still trying to get a feel for how Yafray behaves… it’s a lot more complicated than Blender’s internal method.

Just for sake of continuity, I’m attaching what I was getting before when I rendered – it was a lot greener than the material that I’d set, and that’s what was confusing me.

Attachments