Yafray rendering - missing texture?

I am working on the Blender tutorial with the gingerbread man. The blender internal engine clips spot lights at these really annoying places and I haven’t found how to make extend those boundaries. So I tried Yafray. Yafray doesn’t seem to clip the lighting, but the problem is that the stucci texture that shows up fine with the blender internal renderer doesn’t show up at all with yafray… Gus is completely smooth. Any ideas?

Tried with cloud-texture instead?..it is possible to tweak cloud to look like stucci.

Bravo chappe!

Yes, cloud texture works. None of the others do. Why not?

Anyone with ideas on extending that lighting clip? I increase distance, I scale it out, I change the angle and softness, etc… it just clips off.

Yafray doesn’t support all the textures that blender itself supports.

Thanks kansas. So, when I stop sucking at this, will I be able to use the built in renderer and achieve professional results, or will I be shopping around for one that supports those textures?

The blender internal engine clips spot lights at these really annoying places and I haven’t found how to make extend those boundaries.

In the lights buttons in the “Shadow and Spot” panel are two buttons ClipSta and ClipEnd. Adjust these values say 0.5 for clip start and 50 for clip end.

GreyBeard