Yahoo odd news.

Hey, no fair voting for yourself!
Mon Oct 2, 8:18 AM ET

The Dutch have voted themselves Europe’s third most loutish, bad-mannered nation behind Russia and France, according to a survey in Dutch daily De Telegraaf on Saturday.
“As we are too many people living in just a little country our tolerance of one another is continuously declining,” wrote one of the survey respondents.
But another citizen protested: “The Dutch are very direct in the way they communicate. Sometimes that’s considered the same as being bad mannered.”
The Dutch voted the Swiss, Scandinavians and the Belgians as Europe’s most polite nations.

I thought Dutch would have been equally placed with the swiss or the belgians… :smiley: you think you know a nation and… ah well…

I would have placed the French before the Russian. But living there, I can’t say I am not biased :rolleyes:

Ha, halarious.

As I heard there may be another nation with people more bad mannered then that (and this is true)

The Chinese (And reader’s digest voted Hong Kong as one of the rudest cities in the world)

thats messed up, u can just call us Russians bad mannared… specialy not the worst in the world

ADBURD (i have to agree, the french are edgy thou)

We dutch speak our heart… does that make us bad mannered?

Says the person that once compared a magazine to beer.:rolleyes:

You’re getting better at reasoning though.

BleedForMe, well the cartoons in the paper sure turned out to be :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to admit that I agree with this report. Althought it depends were you are. In big cities were it can be very bussy durning the morning and evening, you’ll meet a lot of strange people can look at you or speak to you like you’re a piece of crap.

Mostly those newspapers do such researches or whatever in big cities or bussy places. But in the another side of Holland, the east, south like zeeland, or north you’ll meet a lot of friendly people.

About france, yes I agree as well. I’ve been there for years durning summer holidays, and every year we met a lot of them who just dissed out tourists, had bad talks about dutch people because they tought we were german and so on. Althought there are exceptions as well like here in holland. :wink:

:smiley:

About france, yes I agree as well. I’ve been there for years durning summer holidays, and every year we met a lot of them who just dissed out tourists, had bad talks about dutch people because they tought we were german and so on. Althought there are exceptions as well like here in holland.

:smiley: French would excuse themselves by saying they are shy (as if I was going to believe that one)

:rolleyes: In fact, you have to get to know them. And to know them, you will have to speak french :smiley:

And once you speak french, they will laugh a bit about you accent. :smiley:

But once you will have passed this mandatory hazing they will be friend with you…

:smiley: As most of the people don’t bother to learn french, the french don’t bother to answer.

It is to hide the fact that they have a funny english accent.

:o In short : I can’t think we can say there is a country more rude than another one.

:smiley: I believe there are nice people everywhere. You want a proof?
There are french who use Blender (I am).

:smiley: Touché.

I say,what about us English chaps?
How are we perceived?

((Incoming!!))

english… well… apart from the distinct looks… I don’t know, depends on which part of the UK you come from.

I say,what about us English chaps?
How are we perceived?

Through smog?

The Chinese

True, can’t see why China wasn’t included in the list of Europe’s rudest cities.

I wasn’t talking about Europe then. And i’m not talking about it now either.

Meanwhile (this is also true) New York City had Readers Digest’s award as one of the politest cities.

sigh We’re getting a little racist here… At any moment, valarking’s going to show up with his serious cat.

Tant pis pour ceux qui n’aprennent pas le français alors. Chez nous, la langue française est obligatoire de toute façon donc il y a peux de Belges qui ne connaissent pas leur français.
En plus, mon accent français commence a être un comme ont les vraix mecs de Bruxelles :smiley:
Excuse-moi si mon français n’est pas toujours le meilleur du monde…

If you wanna understand that… learn French :wink: Just kidding…
The French are indeed notorious for their nationalism, but they’re improving. Especially the younger generations now understand the importance of being multi-lingual (so do more and more Americans).

But I digress. This discussion is about politeness and frankly, I think that overall, it’s not very easy to accuratly say “The rude people are situated here and the kind people can be found there”.
Some people are rude and others are polite, and we’ll just have to accept it. :slight_smile: