YAL(Yet Another Logo)

I am working on a logo because I got bored and DMatt gave me a little nickname LGB…and i like that one more the LilG(sorry Kbot)
It kind of a lighting test because I SUCK BUTT AT LIGHTING…:mad:
I want it to look kind of realistic so if anyone could help that would be great…

Attachments

Okay!! I made the light a little better…It still has 3 spot lights and that’s all for lights… I am using Ray shadows and AO… My AO settings are
Use Fall Off
Strength:6
Add
Plain
Energy-1
and im useing Approximate…for the final render it will be dont in Ray Traced and its all Blender Internal…

Attachments

Anyone there?

Hey LGB

Like your new moniker. I must remember that. Oh yeah nice image.

Regards
kbot

Thanks KB! Moniker? whats that?

You could give the floor some color. Do you like green too. Cause its my favorite. Musk gave me the moniker bn4j and yeah I like LGB better too. Here.

Originally posted by My dictionary
moniker n. 1 a person’s name or signature. 2 a nickname

O ok… GREEN RULES!! I GOT GREEN SHOES GREEN PANTS GREEN SWEAT SHIRT!!! AHH!! GREEN BLACK AND PURPLE are my fav colors…

but…does the lighting look good?

Can I see a screenshot of your lighting setup? It looks OK, but I want to see it.

Yes i will
thanks for the comments guys =)

Okay i made the plane shinny(no duh lol) i dont know if ill keep it…
Here is the new image and the light set up

Attachments

Keep the shiny plane. Here is my quick mock up. First one is the render, duh! second and third are side and top view and fourth is the settings for the middle lamp and last is the settings for the other lamps.

OK thank you B4J

Ill have an update tomorrow i got to go to a lame dance =(

Re Moniker: asjah8 at the www.openworldfilm.com used the term “moniker” in context of the nicknames we use on the internet. She’s quite clever. Anyways I read a western type some months ago with the gunslingers/cowboys and so on, the term “moniker” was loosely applied to names like “Billy the kid” or whatever. I think “moniker” means nick name that you go by, derived from the western. If someone wants to correct or append this, please go for it.

Okay! I think i get what you are saying B4J…

Enjoi

Attachments

I suggest only setting the wide lamp to shadows. Having all set that way creates odd looking shadows. And make sure that its the one with greater energy. Also maybe make the shadows a bit sharper? Lower the soft size.

ok Thanks B4J!! ill have another update in about 20-60min…depends on how i feel =P

Edit

can you show me what you mean?

Okay I added some DOF in gimp…and i messed around with the lights…but i think its almost done…Tell me if i should keep the DOF one or not

Attachments

Hey LGB. looking good. However, I am not liking the DOF nor the hard edged circle from the spot. Maybe try widening the spot or increase the spotbi setting to make the edge fuzzy.

Ok yeah i wasnt feeling the DOF that much either…Ill have an update in 10minutes

EDIT!!!
ok that was a fast 10minutes…lol JK…here is it

Attachments

When doing a shiny floor disable shadows. It’ll look 200% better.

Oh, and if you want blurs of DoF in an animation do so in the nodes, it looks better than gimp.