Yay, I won a contest just now!

Just now, on the radio, there was a contest about where an artist (Michelle Branch) is from. Since my sister knew, and I’m always listening to her CD of “The Spirit Room” (which was the prize, by the way), she dialed them up and made me answer. I got through and won! Woohoo! I’m also eligible for another prize (a trip on a cruise with a teenage music group that I like), and I’ve been in the media twice! (The other time was only technically me. I sent in a letter to David Letterman, and he answered it.)

Eligible. Hah.
My family once got drawn in one of those Minor League baseball things.
Apparently, if the batter hit a ball through a 2x2’ hole at the end of the field we win a Dodge Viper.
Ha.
That’s about the same chance you’ll have. :wink:

Also, I think I know what pop group you’re talking about. You’ll have some… FUN on that cruise… hehe…

Gnarly!
Congrats.

So tell us what you wrote to David Letterman.
What did Dave have to say??

<possibly sloppily written post>

They showed a shot of me eating pudding on 60 Minutes once. They were doing a segment about my school: http://www.sudval.org/

At one point, while they were standing there waiting for the cameramen to change the battery in the camera or whatever, a friend of mine and I were playing a sort of 3D chess thing that we had invented, and Morley Safer (one of the host people on 60 Minutes, in case you didn’t know) asked us what it was.

It was pretty cool. Not nearly as exciting as David Letterman answering your letter, though.

</possibly sloppily written post>

I found the letter CubeFan wrote. It is:

Der Mr Daavid Letermen,

I wuld lik tu saye that nudite iz not good. I hav not hit puberte yet, sow mi opinyun dusnt reely count.

David Letterman said this:

Hello little kid. I think you’re a prepuberic idiot. Nuff said. Now on to our next guest, Valar_King!

This comes from a reliable source.
I can’t help picking on him. It’s sooooooooo easy.

What do they serve you for lunch? Caviar?

Your school was on 60 Minutes? uh oh!
Just kidding :wink:

That’s really cool!
The school sounds very interesting too.

(60 Minutes was notorious for investigative expose pieces)

Um… is that supposed to be funny? I don’t get it.

If somebody actually wants to know (which I doubt, but I might as well not waste this post): <nobody cares>They don’t serve us anything. Usually at least about once a week some of the students cook something and sell it, but apart from that we have to bring our own food.</nobody cares>

Hmmm,

If any of you people live in Canada you might watch Much Music, and if you watch Music Music you might watch Much on demand. And if you watch Much on demand you might have seen me singing Kareoke to Shakira, that I won a BOX full of CDs for :smiley: .(take that Cube fan) :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus I got to meet Rick :smiley: :smiley:

ha when i was 10 i won a $30 music voucher ($15USD) beat that

then a few years ago i won a t-shirt from the fire department that says “friends don’t set friends on fire”. beat that also

and then 2 years ago i was on tv complaining about male rights on a feminist tv program called “asian working woman” (sexist show for women)

ha ha ha i beat you all wit my two crappy prizes.(and one tv phone call)

oh yeah i found $20 on the road a few times!!!

%| %| %| %| %| %| %| %| %|

Did anyone win anything interesting??

Hrm… Well, several years ago in Guam, I was one of 100 who one a disk. It was a computer store grand opening, and one of the 100 disks would boot a PC, if it did, you won it.

Didn’t win, but we did notice something odd… they kept taking the dish of disks in the back, it also came out as a box of disks at some point. They were having 10 at a time grab their disks. Well, the PC didn’t boot until the last group of 10. We thought this was odd. While we were there, we signed up for a drawing for a printer. When we got home, we called and told them how fishy we thought their behavior had been, and how we believed the giveaway had been rigged.

Several days later, the phone rings… Radio voice: “Hi! Is this <Improvisar>?” Me: “Um… yes.” Radio Voice: “Well you JUST won the drawing for a BRAND NEW PRINTER!” ROFL… we caught them rigging the first one, so they rigged the second one so we’d win. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, eh?

Oh, also, just before dad got home, he won the grand-door-prise at a party, it was an e-Machine. He sold it to a friend for $500 (seeing as it was only worth $650, and would cost $150 or so to ship it home).

I’ve been on the news a couple times… can’t remember one, the other was when I went for my annual cardiology checkup at a children’s hospital… there was a Globe Trotter there… they picked me out to point at him and smile while he did some kind of trick. (And you thought news wasn’t scripted, hehe).

I’ve also called into a few radio shows, and on one, I talked to then head of the Hawaii Republican Party, now Governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle. I think the topic was how to revive tourism after Sept. 11. I suggested getting businesses together to offer free Hawaiian vacations to all NYC Police and Firefighters. Never happened, but the State did bring out a few firefighters.

Ok… sweepstakes/giveaways, media exposure… ah, celebrity meetings… I had a long conversation with Robert Picardo (ST:VOY, EMH Doctor), a shorter one with Michael Dorn (ST:TNG, ST:DS9, Worf), stood next to John DeLance while a kid played his video game (ST:TNG, ST:DS9, ST:VOY, Q), and hit on Kate Mulgrew (ST:VOY, Cpt. Janeway).

Oh, and I also got a thank-you for a Father’s Day e-mail I sent to Walter E. Williams (Economics Professor at George Mason University, and syndicated collumnist). I sent it after he guest-hosted Rush Limbaugh’s show on Father’s Day, pointing out that anyone who pays lower tax rates than he does should send him one, since he supports them.

Oh, and my god-father is a published musician, Mike Duke, he used to write for and occassionally play for Huey Lewis and the News. Now he’s doing solo stuff, and work with Wet Willy. lol… I found him on the net, oddly enough as common a name as Mike Duke, and he shows up on the first page of a google search. That artist database lists him funky though… he’s also listed as “Michael Duke”.

Oh… there’s also the behind-the-scene’s media stuff… remember that freighter that we caught shipping scud missiles from N. Korea to Yemen? Well, now I know we knew about it before it ever left port… sattelites saw them loading it. Then, my dad launced a plane every 3 hours to find it once it departed. He was a Maintenance Controller for the P-3 Squadron (VP-47) that tracked it the whole distance, which means he’s responsible for directing maintenance, and signing “Safe For Flight” to release planes to go up. Oh, and if anyone doubts the US’s submarine detection capabilies, they tracked a Chinese sub for a while that deployment (apparently, the Chinese rarely take out their subs)… the crew said it was about as noticeable newlyweds in a car with beercans tied to the bumper… and these aircraft have been operating since the 60’s.

Imp

well you know the sub thing

they take them out all the time!!!

and this one was a captain the just got married so they put giant sized cans on the back!!!

and also this was a decoy cause they launched 27 other subs at the same time that were not tracked except by me!!!

just kidding :wink: LOL

but really how can you be sure they arn’t there if you havn’t seen them.
%| %| %| %|

Two reasons:

1. The same reason we knew that ship had scuds under the concrete meant to hide them… sattelites. You don’t think we can see 'em in port? Satellite Image Analyst thinking: “1, 2, … hrm… one’s missing, time to call the sub hunters.”

2. Like I said, they’re not too hard to spot. Aparrently the P-3’s challenge themselves by finding and tracking our OWN subs, and we have the quietest Nuclear Sub Navy in the world. Russian Kilo’s could be a problem (diesel-electric), but no one runs them, they’re expensive to maintain properly, and no one but the Russians have the experience needed… essentially, any Navy with enough money to buy and maintain a Kilo is still too scared to sink it, because they’d likely loose it.

Imp

Actually, that letter to Letterman had nothing to do with nudity. I just asked if he’d been in or seen any good movies lately. He said that he’d seen “Stuart Little 2” recently and liked how they made it darker than the original. So he shows a clip from the film.

In the clip, Stuart’s family is looking up and yelling, “Stuart! Stuart!” Then it shows some old stock footage they have of three owls, one of which gobbles up a mouse! Then the “credits” roll.

My initial response: Oh, no, WHEN WILL MY BROTHER STOP LAUGHING? My brother who watches the show and tapes it wouldn’t stop laughing at that. My parents (and probably my sister) thought it was cool.

ValarKing: Great, you know who they are? If so, name them. I dare you.

Okay, you have a chance of being right, and no, if you get it correct, you don’t win a Dodge Viper. :smiley: However, I actually like them, so it’s not too bad if I win. I could live without meeting them, so I don’t feel like boosting my chances by repeatedly entering. Then again… no, no, no. (Actually, I don’t think it’s against the rules.)

Very funny about that little text. It says:

Hehehe… I can pick on you, too. Your tutorial links were programmed with sausages. Okay, that sucks. You’re not old enough to be a valar KING, and you don’t fit into the gender of kings, either. You could be a princess. %|

“60 Minutes” may be very “investigative,” but watch “The Insider” and see how investigative they REALLY are. They’re complete wusses. It’s based on a true story. (Two minor Blenderheads on CBS. Coincidence? Yes, and not a very interesting one, either.)

That little contest thing is pretty weird, IMP. What’d you do with the printer? (As in, did you actually USE it?)

Lemme guess, Triple Image?
It’s pretty sad when you like a CD with more pink on the cover than a Barbie house.

Maybe you DO like boys.

1. No, I don’t like boys. You are very disgusting, and if you still remember where that came from, then I have a feeling YOU like boys, VK.
  2. You’re right, it’s Triple Image. I should have known by “fun” in your first post. Oh well.
  3. Who the f*** cares about how much color is on the f***ing cover? (Not appropriate for the prize… okay…) I don’t judge by the cover or how they look or what age they are; I judged it on the CD itself. Not the look of the CD, the songs and all.

Geez, you sound like someone saying, “The movie sucked, the acting was wooden, and the story could have been easily solved at the beginning… but WOW, those CGI effects were amazing! 10 out of 4!” (First heard at “Judge Dredd,” later heard at “Minority Report”… well, okay, the first two weren’t true, but he could have solved everything by calmly giving himself up! NO, he has to figure out WHY it showed up, and eventually SPOILER ALERT he does it anyway! Sure, the guy did it himself, but come on! Your film can be solved within 2 minutes of seeing the screen of Tom Cruise killing the guy…)

Please. I like them. Shut up and quit flaming me for what I do %| :expressionless: :expressionless:

Or else this Zorro will get you! :Z

BTW: Triple Image has a good sound. If you don’t like it, fine, shut the f*ck up about it. But if you repeatedly flame me, I’ll start repeating that sentence over and over and over and over and over… REDRUM… REDRUM… REDNELB… REDNELB…

You do realize that had he done that 1) he would have been imprisoned in that wierd jail for life for a murder he wouldn’t have committed, 2) His “friend”, would’ve gotten away with a real murder, 3) they’d still be doing pre-crime, and 4) the pre-cogs would’ve still been doped-up slaves.

Though, my problem was the paradox… he wouldn’t have almost comitted murder if he didn’t see the pre-vision, and so the pre-vision never should’ve happened, and the almost-murder never should’ve happened. It would’ve been a bit more believable if the almost-murder wasn’t so similar to the pre-vision… like it had been set up to happen, but since he saw the pre-vision, it happened much differently (at least at a different time).

Imp

1. No, I don’t like boys. You are very disgusting, and if you still remember where that came from, then I have a feeling YOU like boys, VK.
  2. You’re right, it’s Triple Image. I should have known by “fun” in your first post. Oh well.
  3. Who the f*** cares about how much color is on the f***ing cover? (Not appropriate for the prize… okay…) I don’t judge by the cover or how they look or what age they are; I judged it on the CD itself. Not the look of the CD, the songs and all.

Geez, you sound like someone saying, “The movie sucked, the acting was wooden, and the story could have been easily solved at the beginning… but WOW, those CGI effects were amazing! 10 out of 4!” (First heard at “Judge Dredd,” later heard at “Minority Report”… well, okay, the first two weren’t true, but he could have solved everything by calmly giving himself up! NO, he has to figure out WHY it showed up, and eventually SPOILER ALERT he does it anyway! Sure, the guy did it himself, but come on! Your film can be solved within 2 minutes of seeing the screen of Tom Cruise killing the guy…)

Please. I like them. Shut up and quit flaming me for what I do %| :expressionless: :expressionless:

Or else this Zorro will get you! :Z

BTW: Triple Image has a good sound. If you don’t like it, fine, shut the f*ck up about it. But if you repeatedly flame me, I’ll start repeating that sentence over and over and over and over and over… REDRUM… REDRUM… REDNELB… REDNELB…[/quote]

Now we’re talking!
Ok:

1. I don’t listen to CDs with songs like “The Boy Next Door” ok? Is that bad?

Geez, you sound like someone saying, “The movie sucked, the acting was wooden, and the story could have been easily solved at the beginning… but WOW, those CGI effects were amazing! 10 out of 4!”

Quite the contrary, I say the opposite. Just like Britney Spears, most pop groups, especially 11 year olds, dont write or even perform their own songs, their songs aren’t even sung by them, in the case of Aaron Carter. All appearence and no substance.

YAHOO!
Let the flamear begin!!!

<-----is lighing so hard that he is about to die.

ur awl nutzoz wif nofing beffer fo do fan foof ur fants!!!

Valarking: nice letter post!!! :Z :stuck_out_tongue: