Yay, I won a contest just now!

That’s WEIRD! W-E-I-R-D!

And no, I don’t have anything more interesting to say.

Sure thing WierdHat.

Imp

That’s WEIRD! W-E-I-R-D!

And no, I don’t have anything more interesting to say.[/quote]

No, itz speld WERD. jeezus, man i tink i now how tu spel.

cubefan is either 12 or a girl… because s/he talks like one

First, IMP:

1. It would have prevented the crime from happening,
  2. The Pre-Cogs aren’t programmed to show times, and that would bring a bigger paradox to happen–which would show up–and why the fck was he killing people anyway if he made the fcking Pre-Cogs?
  3. The movie hasn’t happened yet. There is no Pre-Crime. Also, there didn’t seem to be any REAL problems with Pre-Crime technology. Sure, his friend would be killing people at different times, but again, Pre-Cogs weren’t programmed to show time.
  4. They weren’t doped up from what I understand, their PARENTS were, and nothing could change that–even reading books like they did in the ending.
  5. It’s a frickin’ movie that I used as an analogy. Geez. (Or will JeezHat complain about me spelling “jeez” wrong?)

Also, another way to prevent it was to NOT GO TO THE GUY’S APARTMENT! He had the reason of why figured out–it was a Minority Report–so he could have stopped. Nope, he has to figure it out further! So he goes and kills the guy anyway! Okay, “it doesn’t explain why he was shown killing the guy,” so how about this–GET OUT OF THE GUY’S APARTMENT ONCE HE SAW THE PHOTO OF HIS KID, AND TELL THE POLICE! Even if he didn’t really do it, it seemed like it, so it would have done more than killing the guy.

VK: “The Boy Next Door” is ONE song on a CD of 12 songs. That would be a Minority Report as well. (It’s not the best on the CD. I’m not sure what is, actually. But it’s really good, all right? Shut up!) Also, how’d you know that song was on there if you resent them for having so much “pink” on their cover and wouldn’t have looked at the songs!

I agree on most of your points about pop music. But Triple Image has talent, something Aaron Carter and his brother weren’t born with. Even if they weren’t, I like them and seem to have missed that they don’t have talent and don’t really give a fu** so shut up.

Second, you spelled “Flame War” wrong. What is a “Flamear” anyways?

(DoubleFlameWar©: CubeFan973’s double-flame-war on elYsiun.com was centered around two topics: The quality of a band’s music, and the plot of the film “Minority Report.” It is reported to be a flame war that every Flame-Warologist --I know it isn’t a word-- knows by heart.)

He had the reason of why figured out
I know public schools in America aren’t the best, but that’s not how I was taught to speak English.

cubefan, if you hear a supersonic jet flying high in the sky, that’s Minority Reports point going over your head.

1. wow, I’m sure Tom Cruise didn’t think of that. You should go out for Hollywood, you have talent.
  2. Yes, they did show times, of all the murders. You probably missed it because they were referred to as “even horizons”. Don’t worry, you’re young, you’ll catch up.
  3. Are you serious??? I thought I was watching History Channel. No Pre-Crime, are you sure about that? No, no real problems with pre-crime, other than that it was convicting innocent people… a plot point that is in that plane flying over your head.
  4. you don’t understand much… maybe you were in the bathroom when Colin Farrell toured the Temple with Tom Cruise and it was explained that they were pumped full of dopamine to keep them comatose… and that you shouldn’t really think of them as being human. Yes, the mother was a druggie, but think about what you just said… part of the pre-crime plan was to find the precogs parents and dope them? I don’t get it. But you’re right… reading books will not stop your parents from being doped.

Flame-Warologist… right. You’re as good at that coming up with words think as George Bush is!

That sentence was poorly written. Okay, how to put it… oh wait, everybody gets it. He knows what caused it (there! Ha-ha-ha) so he should leave.

Next, the supposed plot point of “they’re all innocent” is incorrect. They were ABOUT to do it, which is why they get arrested. If I called someone and told them I was going to kill Valarking (I don’t know where he lives, so I can’t, and this is a rather likable analogy), but the line was tapped and the police arrested me, does that make me innocent? I still knew I would do it. At the beginning, that guy was about to kill his wife. He had the scissors (or knife or whatever) to do it, so saying, “I was going to cut the bedsheets to make them pajamas” would not be a proper alibi.

Next, they show the times. So why don’t they stay beyond that point of time to make sure they weren’t killed? Maybe at the beginning, the guy’s twin comes home and kills the two. They DID look, so they don’t see the second murder and the system is flawed.

Also, I saw the movie on DVD. The temple thing doesn’t excuse that they ARE humans, and that despite being drugged up (even though I don’t know why the government would use dope, an illegal substance for idiots out there), the government didn’t seem to mean for their parents to be drugged up. And if they’re comatose, how did Agatha manage to say “murder” out loud in the beginning, especially since they’re underwater?

Tom Cruise (John Anderton! Geez, don’t you hate it when people don’t remember things like–oh, wait, I started that) didn’t think of it because it wasn’t in the script. Duh.
Well, actually, Agatha kept telling him that he still had a choice of whether or not he should leave… actually, they were outside… but the point is the same… he had the choice, but didn’t make the right one and ended up doing something that he meant not to do throughout the whole film!
(BTW: If you’re interested, I AM planning to make movies if I grow up, but they’re not pointless action films like “Minority Report.” They’re more like social commentary, except that they’re very weird and they’re very sci-fi. %| )

And I’m a 13-year-old guy, which does qualify as “speaking like a 12-year-old.” But so is Valarking.
BTW: Valarking, why don’t you ever bother to edit quotes down? They end up being 7,000 pages long, like this post seems to be getting at.

wow… it’s like you never even watched the movie.

They were ABOUT to do it, which is why they get arrested
…uh, yeah, we all know that. We got that from the commercial. Had you bothered to pay attention to the movie you’d have learned by the end that they weren’t seeing the future, they were seeing the potential future. They predicted Tom’s mentor would kill Tom… he didn’t, he shot himself. That was the paradox Tom was referring to in that next to last scene. And I got the theory of pre-crime from the movie, thank you very much, and it was much more clear than yours.

The Pre-Cogs aren’t programmed to show times

Next, they show the times.
make up your mind there, buddy. Are they showing times or not? … nice dodge to my point, though, you should be a politician.
Maybe at the beginning, the guy’s twin comes home and kills the two. They DID look, so they don’t see the second murder and the system is flawed
… uhhh, that IS what happened in the movie. You must have missed that point too. :frowning: Wow… that’s bad.
The temple thing doesn’t excuse that they ARE humans
duh!!! we know that. He said it’s best not to THINK of them as humans… missed that grammar did ya?
even though I don’t know why the government would use dope, an illegal substance for idiots out there
they explained that too
the government didn’t seem to mean for their parents to be drugged up
… again, nice job at not actually conceeding my point, just making it look like it was yours all along… I believe you had said…
They weren’t doped up from what I understand, their PARENTS were

how did Agatha manage to say “murder” out loud in the beginning, especially since they’re underwater?
…uh… she lifted her head out of the water (it was a milk, actually), but you would know that if you’d watched the movie.
if I grow up
don’t bet on it.

Also, another way to prevent it was to NOT GO TO THE GUY’S APARTMENT! He had the reason of why figured out–it was a Minority Report–so he could have stopped. Nope, he has to figure it out further! So he goes and kills the guy anyway! Okay, “it doesn’t explain why he was shown killing the guy,” so how about this–GET OUT OF THE GUY’S APARTMENT ONCE HE SAW THE PHOTO OF HIS KID, AND TELL THE POLICE! Even if he didn’t really do it, it seemed like it, so it would have done more than killing the guy.

If I recall correctly, John enters the guy’s house, sees the pictures on the bed, gets really mad because he’s been looking for the person who kidnapped his son all his life, then the guy walks in, explains that it wasn’t really him and he was told that his family would get money if he allowed himself to be killed, so John didn’t want to kill him, the guy wanted to be killed so his family would get the money, and then there was an ambiguous shot where either one of them could have pulled the trigger, and then the guy died.

Call the police? They’re chasing him. They’d probably ignore what he had to say and use their knowledge of the phone’s location to find him.

Maybe I’ve forgotten the movie, I haven’t seen it in a while, but doesn’t it turn out that that thing isn’t a minority report? So he hasn’t actually figured out the reason.

Whatever. I don’t think I told you everything you got wrong, but I have to go to school now so I can’t take more time to edit this post.

They wouldn’t care, because they knew I’d be ready, and that I’d kill you first. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 14 thank you very much.

Why? Why don’t I? I don’t know. :wink: You tell me.

That’s one thing we agree on.

Correct WeirdHat… John Anderton didn’t have a Minority Report. All three were the same.

But, you were off a little… John decided not to kill the guy before he found out it wasn’t the sicko who took his son. John started reading the guy his rights, and the guy said “You’re not gonna kill me? You were supposed to kill me!”

Now, CubeFan… the faked murder, lemme explain. Levar (the old guy) hired someone to kill Agatha’s mom. Precrime got the guy. Some time later (probably a few days), after Levar saw the pre-visions, he recreated the murder they way the other guy was gonna do it. Because of that, the pre-vision of the real murder looked the same as the pre-vision of the stopped murder, and the technicians did like they were trained, disreguard it (thinking it was just a nightmare).

Imp

FLAMEWAR 1: “Minority Report”
A nightmare? Sounds like a pretty poor excuse. New problem of the film: Nobody in the future seems to have watched it, so nobody knows how flawed the system is. “The system is perfect, the system is perfect!” Try thinking of all the paradoxes shown in the film, inventors. Duh.

And why didn’t they set it up so that it monitored at least one other crime than murder? i.e. drug sales, so that they could arrest John, avoid the plot, and Pre-Crime could go on! MEEHAHAHAHA!

1. Wasn’t the room number screwed up, so they wouldn’t be able to get to him to arrest him? If they had some kind of locater, he’d be screwed, but he was anyway.
  2. Wasn’t Pre-Crime a division in itself, so calling police about that wouldn’t go through to Pre-Crime? After all, Pre-Crime doesn’t need to be called up. They still have the drugged up guys… er, then again, Agatha was away, so nothing could work. Still, I don’t think that was made public, so there wouldn’t be anybody foolish enough to call for Pre-Crime. Hmm… I seem to have gone off from my point. The point is, Pre-Crime didn’t seem to have any phones (my memory of the film is screwed up, so I don’t remember if there were any phones).

And besides, why didn’t those guys come into the room earlier than the crime to arrest him before the crime happened, like with the murder at the beginning? My memory of the film is still screwed up, so I think they came right after he killed the guy. Pre-Crime needed one f*cking bug check.

I thought it did. He said that the guy was under arrest, they got into a little arugment, then the guy killed himself.

If I’m missing any kind of point, let me say this: I didn’t like the movie enough to give it a second viewing (unlike the much better “AI: Artificial Intelligence,” which I have memorized, I think). The only copy I have access to is fullscreen, and I’m not going to watch it like that if I know what’s good for me %| :expressionless: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

FLAMEWAR 2: TRIPLE IMAGE

That does WHAT exactly to the quality of the songs? I like them and you guys can’t stop it unless you have technology like in that Kubrick film, “<censored to protect CubeFan>!”

You like AI? Congratulations, I have much more respect for you now.

But that probably had the opposite effect for most of the other people in this forum…

Because it was more a paranormal system than a computer system… the only point of the computers was to monitor and record what the precogs saw, and only murders disrupted the collective subconscious (don’t know the term they used) enough for them to recieve images.

Are you sure you saw this movie? First off, there were phones in the movies (mostly cell phones which were so tiny they just clipped on your ear). Secondly, everytime John Anderton examined a prevision, there were two Judges present as witnesses via video phone. Finally, near the end Anderton’s wife calls his old partner for a favor, and I believe he was in Pre-Crime at the time. But why would Pre-Crime not have phones? lol… doh, another one: when scrubbing that first prevision in the movie, they had to contact neighbors, I believe that was done by phone too.

No, they were just very, very close, and if you had payed the slightest attention to the movie you would have understood: they can get premeditated murder a good ways off, and there hadn’t been any for years. All of what they had left were “red balls” which were murders of passion. Because the person doesn’t plan to do it until right before, they have less lead time. Finally, in that particular case, they had difficulty getting enough clues from the prevision to determine the location. Either way, they did stop the double-murder. He had just raised the scissors ready to strike, when Anderton ran in and tackled him.

I thought it did. He said that the guy was under arrest, they got into a little arugment, then the guy killed himself.[/quote]

Hrm… the previsions aren’t like taping with a camcorder… they tend to be choppy (mostly for dramatic effect), but provide enough clues for a general idea of what’s going on. Either way, the actual events were close enough to the prevision that the prevision could have been of the actual events. It does happen much different than the prevision makes it seem, but the prevision is very accurate.

Imp

This is not directed to you, but I’m tired of people liking AI and then trying to act like they’re smart because they liked it and everyone who disliked it was stupid. I went to a program for gifted kids this summer, not a person there, not the kids or the teacher liked it. They all hated it. What does that say about it?

I’m starting to wonder if you ever watched this.
A poor excuse? They ALWAYS had nightmares, or “deja-vu” about past precrimes.

NEWS FLASH: Movies aren’t real, so Minority Report might not have been released in the past of that movie. Geezus.

Again, did you ever watch the movie? Or are you going by an IMDB synopsis. The Precogs could ONLY see murders, as a result of their parent’s drug use. They dreamt of future murders.

Holy crap, you sound like one of those 7 year olds who watch a film way over their head and only understand 10% of it.

The second part of that paragraph seems to be exactly what you say in the first part that you don’t like (only in reverse). Are you saying that just because a bunch of smart people that you know don’t like it, everyone who likes it is stupid?

You can be smart about one thing and stupid about other things anyhow. I know someone who knows a lot about electronics and whatnot, but doesn’t like AI. That doesn’t mean he’s an idiot about everything because he doesn’t like AI, or that because he’s really smart about other things means that AI must be a bad movie, because he’s smart and he doesn’t like it. He’s just smart when it comes to electronics or whatever, and not when it comes to movies (IMO).

The second part of that paragraph seems to be exactly what you say in the first part that you don’t like (only in reverse). Are you saying that just because a bunch of smart people that you know don’t like it, everyone who likes it is stupid?

You can be smart about one thing and stupid about other things anyhow. I know someone who knows a lot about electronics and whatnot, but doesn’t like AI. That doesn’t mean he’s an idiot about everything because he doesn’t like AI, or that because he’s really smart about other things means that AI must be a bad movie, because he’s smart and he doesn’t like it. He’s just smart when it comes to electronics or whatever, and not when it comes to movies (IMO).[/quote]

That’s why I didn’t direct it at you, you don’t act that way.
And I never said that people that liked it were stupid.

I didn’t like the ending in AI. The alien plot is really too much overused, especially by our friend Stevie Spielberg. IMHO, it didn’t add anything to anything. It didn’t add to the story, it didn’t add to the topics behind the film, …

Not that it was a bad film altogether, but it had YAPEBSS (Yet Another Alien Plot By Steven Spielberg)

Cubefan, about Minority Report: did you sleep through the whole movie or do you have a really short attention spawn? More than half the things you complain about were clearly explained in the film.

Martin

actually, they weren’t aliens in AI, they were advanced robots. But yes, that plotline is overused, and the movie should have been half an hour shorter.

And why didn’t they set it up so that it monitored at least one other crime than murder?
This is the stupidist thing I have ever heard. No one who watched the movie would have asked this. What’s next? “I thought the movie would have been better if Tom Cruise had played the part of Anderton” ???

Nobody in the future seems to have watched it
yeah, because this isn’t Total Recall. This is so stupid I don’t even know where to begin, so I won’t. I guess by that rational I should be reading Jules Verne to learn about the next iteration of computer development.

Anyway, it’s nice to talk to someone who makes me feel like I have Godlike intelligence.

This is not directed to you, but I’m tired of people liking AI and then trying to act like they’re smart because they liked it and everyone who disliked it was stupid. [/quote]

I’m probably going to get my head bitten off for this, but here goes…

I can understand that some people, even though they are smart enough to see that it is all rubbish (with respect to cubefan) will get dragged along into listening music just because their classmates do. But as it stands, music is just either people swearing at each other or a CD full of lovesongs. Might appeal to you, but not me.

But, I can’t believe that a community of people like you would enjoy spending hours argueing about your personal prefrences, and telling people that they are wrong just because you don’t like what they do!

OK. Thats about it. Carry on!

Me withdraws into shell as battle commences