Yeah! Getting started with blender. Eagle WIP.

The mesh is a bit crappy. Got lots of useless polygons. I don’t wan’t to waste time on those.
http://www.hot.ee/muskelautod/eaglewip1.jpeg

that’s looking pretty good, but the tail looks wierd to me.

I’m wondering how the head and claws’ll come out. How are you creating the eagle? Sub-division, extrusion, edge loop division, something else I’m not thinking of?

I’m using all of those. :slight_smile:

I don’t wan’t to waste time on those.

This was the first thing I ever learned about 3d. If you don’t start wasting time on those, you will never, ever get a clean, well detailed mesh like those you envy the professionals so much for. (I envied them at least, and I still do, I’m far from there, but still, you get my point.) :slight_smile:

Erufalion’s right, get them nasty polys sorted out before you do any more. By the looks of it, you can’t have all that many polys. Under 50 I would estimate.

The shape is starting well but the tail needs scaled in a bit at the top. Also, are you using a reference image for the eagle?

It’s been a while since I was an ornithologist but I remember eagles having a bigger wing span - wider at least and not so pointed. Maybe you’re adding feathers though so that will bulk them up.

Reccomended tutorial for good modeling :slight_smile:

I learned a lot from it. Using it will teach you how to design with face loops in mind.

Sorry for beeing an asshole but i fucked up the mesh too much so the project is closed.

too bad dude :frowning: mind postin the .blend for us too see what uv acomplished so far?