Yes, it's about Game Tutorials...

Ok, I’ve managed to gain a knowledge of the basics in Blender, but what I NEED is a FULL tutorial on making a game (ie–healthbar, shooting, affecting the environment, enemy AI, etc.) It seems that all the tuts I come across for GameBlender either won’t work with 2.25, although I could be doing things wrong, or they aren’t complete…when I go to the next page it takes me to something completely other, or they’re dead links. I love everyone out there who has a passion for Blender, and I can’t wait until I have the knowledge to help other people out, but right now, I am at a dead end(s). I have fully checked out the links from this forum, and from many, many other pages and while some have helped, many either don’t work for me, or aren’t complete. If we all can collaborate on a simple game that covers the basics, I think we could create a tutorial for it that would help out many newbies in the most basic aspects of GameBlender. And yes, I know alot of people are disappointed that it hasn’t been a part of the last few releases, but have faith. If I can help in any way, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Thanks, people; keep blending! :slight_smile:

Also, if I knew where to send it, I would gladly post which links return a 404 error so that other newbies don’t have to go through the same frustration of looking through all of the previous posts just to find some that would completely explain a particular problem IF they were current links…(hint, hint, maybe delete all the links that are outdated??? I would gladly help with this as I have now spent three hours scouring the old posts on this site with no luck, and I’m only down to page 28…) :expressionless:

http://otothegardener.free.fr/

These are as good as you’ll find.
If you wait for tut on the Internet that will fit all your need then you’ll be an old person when this happens. Find the $$ and buy the Gamekit.

Yeah, I’ve been to Oto’s site, I just couldn’t understand some of it. Is the Game Kit really worth it? I’ve heard both yea and nea, but it’s something I’ve considered.

It all depends on how much is 35$ for you.

I can’t imagine that, at the very least, anybody who has gone through the Kit couldn’t make games or other interactive. It won’t make a Python Wiz out of you but you’ll know exactly what questions to ask when there’s a problem.

if you follow the tutorials in the game kit, you will walk away with enough knowledge to experiment on your own. It is definitly worth it in my opinion. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The best way to learn the blender game engine is just donwloading some blend file games from another blender users, open them in blender, and just look how they did the logic bricks. That’s the way I learned the game engine, and also using the tutorials of oto with the walking character, to know how to use armatures in a game. So just figure it out in your own to look very good at another blend file. :smiley:

I’ve bought the gamekit, but to tell you the truth I’ve never used it. I might get around to it later, but it would have been better if it had a tut on making a low poly character instead of a low-poly car.

Pooba