Yet another Cycles crashing problem

I’ll get right to it. When I render with cycles, it crashes, whether it is an f12 render or entering the rendered live view.
I’m running this on Linux Mint 14. When I run blender from the terminal, the main error I get is this:

“terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::bad_alloc’
what(): std::bad_alloc
Aborted”

I’m assuming that has somthing to do with the memory, but I’m not sure.
Occasionally it will give me this error:

“ABus error”

It will just say “killed” sometimes too.

Like I said, I think this has to do with the memory. I could be wrong though.
I have been following blender guru’s tutorial for creating a realistic earth. As I watch it, I’m converting everything he does to cycles. I figured it would be a good learning experience. Before I got to the part where I add the clouds, it only crashed occasionally. Now that I started working on the clouds it keeps crashing. It doesn’t do this for other blends.

IMPORTANT: What really gets me, is that it works fine on windows 7. It runs really slow, but it still works.

Just to see what I’m talking about, I would post a link to that tutorial, but I don’t think I’m allowed to post links yet. It would probably just be a lot easier to look at the blend file.

I would have been rendering this on the gpu, but I don’t have enough Video Memory. Although it is 1GB, The textures I use on the earth are very big, so I use the cpu rendering. It is set to gpu compatible.

I’ll go ahead and put my system specs that are relevant:

CPU: AMD FX 4170 Quad Core 64-bit
GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (Proprietary drivers)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Blender version 2.65a 64-bit

That seams to be all that is relevant to the system specs. I would supply the blend file, but I can’t get the up-loader to work. I suppose that is all.

You can post any link as any other text, you need only anti-spam 10 posts limit to pass image attachment feature on some threads.

Hard to tell anything about bug, maybe you can recompile from sources with debug info and run from gdb and post “bt full”. Anyway, this forum more about other issues, crashes better report to http://www.blender.org/development/report-a-bug/