Yet another distributed rendering system.

Feedback is always appreciated :slight_smile:
I’m very glad you are finding this software of use.

For some reason the download speed is very slow in comparison to upload where the protocol used is very similar. I’m hoping to fix this after I finish slave auto-discovery (I wanted to do something interesting) and in between studying for my degree.

With regard to your problem, files are not downloaded (bar speeds across) for each selected file that already exists in the local directory (with matching hash of course). To view files in this local directory use the Local Files tab. Running a slave and master on the same machine will result in them sharing this output directory and thus nothing will happen on clicking download. Otherwise there is a problem.

I think an option to force overwrites is necessary, and some indication of where the output directory is located on the machine.

Still to do:

• Download speed improvements
  • Hosting of directories
  • Slave reconnect support
  • Automation of download and reconstruction from strips

I’m trying to install Yadra between a Windows Master and a Linux SUSE slave. What path do I input as the executable for the slave’s copy of Blender if it’s not an exe?

Enter the full path to the blender-executeable (c:…\blender.exe): ???

Cheerio,
John

Hey guys, I am setting this up using a Mac client, and two Windows machines as distributor and node.

I keep getting “user name or password incorrect. ect.” [sic] when trying to authenticate from the client. No firewalls are running. Any ideas?

Thanks!
P