Yo Frankie BGE Version Demo!

http://www.yofrankie.org/?p=407

One thing that I notice is that Frankie is invisible to me (or maybe I am him), because in the videos at the apricot website, it always looked like it was a 3rd person game.

Just tried it, and Frankie is visible for me, maybe redownload? I noticed sometimes when you throw the bones at the walls sometimes they go through it. And is that apple supposed to heal you? Because it didn’t do anything to me.

just downloaded the game and tried it out. how do I control frankie? I can move him around via arrow button but how to jump, attack, and etc?

ok nvm, looked into the .gamedata blend file and found all the necessary info there :slight_smile:

Okay, so Frankie is supposed to be visible. I will see if I can find out what the problem is.

i prefer to wait for official releases :slight_smile:

egan you may need to turn disable some of the gsls settings to see anything. looks like the team did a great job. its visually appealing.

Lol!

Do you have any idea why Frankie is invisible? It makes it very hard to play, as you don’t know when he is about to fall, or how to get him any food.

As far as I can tell, everything else works fine. Great job!

OS? (there are 2 OS in your signature : ) are you using the official demo release from our blog?

please would you edit your first post and add a link to our blog instead of those unofficial links? :slight_smile:

Oh, sorry, I was using Windows XP SP3
I don’t think I was using an “official” release, so I will try both of the Windows versions linked to at your blog.

And I edited my post to show the more recent link. :smiley:

EDIT: Okay, the non-GLSL version works for me. Turns out I couldn’t see any of the characters (rats, sheep, et cetera). It’s pretty fun!

i beat the demo
it was awesome :eek:

Can someone explain to me what the GLSL of Apricot has which is different of the GLSL in those demos : http://mirror.cs.umn.edu/blender.org/demo/test/engine-graphics-demos-2.42-preview19.zip
I can run all these perfectly and fast, while only part of the shaders in Apricot display for me. Someone told me that the technical level of Apricot is much higher than that of the demos I link to but, for me and my poor head, OpenGL 2 is quite like OpenGL 2.
Light my lantern please.

Jean

I got GLSL full screen Windows version. It starts, but in window mode, it renders fine, but it doesn’t respond to keyboard. Only to <Esc> :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have any idea why Frankie is invisible?

I will see if I can find out what the problem is.
If you don’t have GLSL or your card doesn’t support certain GLSL shaders, then objects close to the camera will disappear. This problem can be fixed by setting the minim clipping length to 0.20 and setting the max clipping length to 5000. Try that.

Edit: I just tried the latest build of the game (The non-GLSL Windows version) and it worked fine for me.

Oh really? Cool!

EDIT: So are you talking about the camera clipping? Doesn’t work for me. :frowning:

Same here. Running Vista Home Premium 32 bit, AMD Athalon X2, NVidia GeForce 6100. No keyboard response.

If I try to play the gamedata.blend file using Release-2.47 SVN 16369 - Apricot, Blender crashes soon after the audio cuts in.