You know you have been Blendering too long if something like this happens...

All we need is a blender robotic claw.

Okay, one time I was getting dressed, and I had an odd number of socks in my dresser. I struggled to find the oddball, to the extent that I turned on my computer and googled “sock.” when I got to the “goooooooooogle” at the bottom of the page I thought, “Wait, I’m not going to find my sock on the internet…!”

So I did an offline local search.

Still nothing.

Another one:

I was blending, with a less-than-half-full 16 oz. can of Rockstar soda on my compy desk. I accidentally knocked it over.
“Oh, sh*t!”
I caught it before very much of it got on my carpet, and put the can back on the desk.

Then I hit Ctrl+Z to try and get the soda off the floor.

Lol! Did you know Maya has Shift-D? It used to be Control-D for duplicating, but the newer versions have Shift-D working as well!

I found that out when I was tired and just got to school. I was new to Maya and I just started using all the Blender shortcuts. None of them worked, and I was so glad when I got a model of a hammer done that I wanted to make an array of them, and started shift-Ding them. Half-way through, I suddenly remembered I was using the wrong shortcut, and that my teacher said it was Control-D. I looked down at the keyboard and pressed Shift-D again, and it still worked!

Blender isn’t that bad of a disease, Normality is worse. Being a Blenderhead cured one disease and injected another, less fatal one.

One time I spilled cranberry juice all over the floor in the kitchen, and I screamed “Alt-U!”

You wanted your kitchen have cranberry juice all over the floor by default?!

Did this cranberry juice require fluid simulation? Raytrace transparency?

Lol. I like Friday’s response!
Tonight, it was raining, and the lightning was streaking horizontally across the sky. I found it interesting that instead of going along the Z-axis, it was going along the X-axis in a positive value. This was of course the ‘local X’. The ‘global’ would have been in a negative X, positive Y value.
I couldn’t help but laugh at myself when I realized how I thought about it.

Man the worst thing is i sometimes do all of these things.

The person who invents a piece of paper with Ctr + Z will be a rich person indeed.I sometimes daydream about making the room im in with blender and what tools i would use eg.extrude,smooth,merge at center.
I also use pro desktop and continually forget to use the arrow keys rather than the num keys.
i am hopeless

I calculate raytracing in the real world subconsciously. Somtimes I’ll imagine my world as a wireframe model, or try to figure out what the unwrapped UV image on certain things would look like. When I get bored, I’ll blendify the first thing I think about. I get bored enough that I go into extreme detail on a model as simple as a pen.

Well, that’s all just fantastic. Thanks a lot! I never had any of these problems or habits before I read all your posts. Rarely is the transition from relatively normal to some sort of obsessive/compulsive disorder so rapid and complete. I guess the next step is a Blender t-shirt.

Yes i have this problem to…

Blender has been verry destructive for me… one day in school… i was really tierd… and i was going to work on a project. I used Word and i was smauing around with pictures and stuffs and it anoyed me so fucking much that the G, S, R keys didnt work. I got really mad :stuck_out_tongue:

And one time i had a nightmare about blendering :stuck_out_tongue: It was when i first started using blender and i had been using it for like 20 hours allmost non stop. And i had a nightmare where i was trying to set up the cameras in a scene but everything was like über wierd… nothing workd like it should and i was really annoyed. But then i started getting scared… and blender was acting like it was pissed of at me… Really really wierd. Then i woke up.

And one other time i had a dream in wich a knife i found was in edit mode :stuck_out_tongue: (Allthough this was when i used Wings3D) And i could scale and extrude and do al kinds of things. It was really cool :stuck_out_tongue:

I also sometimes try to press x in another program when I try to delete something, even on the desktop briefly forgetting it’s delete.

And sometimes when I look at a real world material, I think of how to recreate it in Blender.

And once when I heard that when my father and my brother were in New York and breifly flashed a card (it was the wrong one) to get onto a tennis court because of the glare) I said it must be because of the high specularity of the card. (they didn’t know that term)

I tried to look the term up in the dictionary

<b>Specularity</b> is not available in the general English dictionary and thesaurus

Apparently the word only applies to 3d graphics as wikipedia knows it

And sometimes when I look at a real world material, I think of how to recreate it in Blender.

This is so me… It bugs me so much… I look at a stone floor and go like “Hey look they have used Voronoi Crackle here”

Ack… I meant alt+U… Sometimes I get Alt and Control mixed up… Edited.

heh, I bet you would need a simulation farm to simulate that cranberry juice. Wonder if you can set up such a thing with Blender…

Control-Z isn’t Undo in Blender, you’re thinking of Microsoft products. Alt-U is Undo, and U is undo in edit mode.

One time I was playing pool, and I kept looking at the balls on the table, wondering what material settings I would use with them. For one thing, the specularity fit the shape of the lamp and was more like a reflection that a spec, and I didn’t know how to get those soft edges on a reflection without making the rest of the reflection blured. I almost asked the guy I was playing, but I didn’t because he would have no idea what i was talking about.

Er…yes it is, and so are the others you mentioned.

Heh, constantly! :smiley:

hehe crazy stuff…
Once I was on a car driving home from school, I was a little tired after the long day… we drove under a small bridge. It had rained, and the dirt was like running down the side of the bridge. First thought: Hah!, I found a stretch in the texture! … err…

Then I saw an advertising-taxi (painted candy all over). First thought: Boy, what a nice unwrap! – doh!