You Know You're a Blender User When...

A lot of these I do often, though I have trained myself on most of the shortcuts of both Blender and Photoshop one thing that really bugs me sometimes is when I am using Photoshop and I want to move around the image I hold shift and click middle mouse button to no avail. :smiley:

I do find myself on occasion stopping and looking at something in an effort to find an effective way to model it with nice topology.

You wonder why people wonder how something so good can be free.

You know how serious a particular big bunny can be.

You feel the pain when can’t use shortcuts,

But rejoice when you model photo realistic mutts.

Who are you, one might ask?

But no Blender user, no matter how small, would dare hide behind a mask.

rofl-copter

Hehehe!!!

You wish Their was an iOS viewer for 'blend files (anyone up to the challenge?) :smiley:

Added some more to my little poem.

Nice little poem you have there rofl-copter; I like it. Pretty much sums up our life as Blender users.

I’ll go look at it right now.

Your mom gets upset, because you are blending rather than doing math. :smiley:

N00b@Blender Exactly! it happens all the time! my gosh too many times… lol

That’s my problem…literally :D.

When you wish the mirror modifier worked with haircuts so it could get done faster :smiley:

@TRAITEngineer, lol, I didn’t think anyone else would have this prob… 14 here, and homeschooled, so my Mom has all the time in the world to catch me… :smiley:

@TWS–Hehehe… :smiley:

You try to undo things in everyday with a virtual Ctrl Z.
When you look at something and imagine how many verts it has.
You see a shadow on the ground and think how many samples it would take to make it look the same in Blender.

When you look at a lighted room and wonder whether the architect used AO:cool:

Not as impossible as you might think: see BlenderPocket.

When you use control+z to try to go back in real life…sadly happened 23 times already…crap

When you look at a regular image and try to hold the center mouse button and rotate around it (happened alot too)

When you shift+c > ctrl+q (in mine it centers the cursor, and then focuses on the cursur) and then realize that you just quit your program

When you try to subdivide a regular image T~T

When you reach for a mouse that isnt there, and time you see something on TV you want to make better…

When you spend every moment at work, deciding on what to improve your skills with in blender that day.

When you try to delete anything with X (happened in regular Windows…I eventually realize it wont work and then hit the delete button)

When you stare at something for many long hours, and then smile, and then realize everyone is watching you

When you go to a lake, and realize you wish you had your computer, so you could model the scenery

When people insult Blender, or try to sell it, or find it in any other production thats amazing, you FREAK OUT.

When you check blender.org every day just to see if someone released a new blender movie, or to see when the next Dev meeting is and when it is.

When all the tabs in your internet browser have something to do with Blender, and also applies for Favorites/bookmarks

When your email has a folder specifically for blender stuff

when you check blenderartists as often as you update facebook/myyearbook/myspace/twitter, or any that apply

When you realize that the only reason Andrew Price is so good is because he works at things for hours or days, and then realize that anything you can draw you could create and eventually you would stumble on something, just like Andrew does :stuck_out_tongue:

When your post count on blenderartist reaches over 1000

When you make a large list like above. :smiley:

When you sit and watch your 15 minute long render render for 15 minutes, rather than getting up and doing something else. Or, even worse, an animation. (I think my worst was when I was rendering a raytraced animation on my netbook…I spent over 45 minutes watching a picture change ever so slightly, and was totally engrossed!)

hahahaa ! Ive done that

Hehehehe…same here in a way.

When I try to use the Blender key shortcuts G, R, and S and the individual axis in Photoshop/Gimp/Inkscape/Illustrator/etc and realize that these programs don’t behave logically… :slight_smile:

When you play a game with your bro/sis, and all you ever talk about while playing is how good the textures and models are and how they were made and where the seams were probably placed when they textured the models, how they did the lighting, and then trying to explain to your bro/sis what the “invisible walls” actually are and why they are there, telling your bro/sis how much you love the smooth animations, and trying to guess the number of polys on a model… by this time your bro/sis would have gotten bored and left…

I have probably done everything on this thread.

@TWS Admin, You’re not the only one. I have fallen in love with my models too. :wink: