Young woman statue (from a grave)

etyekfilm: 3 guys, two uses blender, one use LW

help me! tha flashing triangles!!! :frowning: Mayebe I need to use VRay to render (I have a friend who has legal VRay, and he will help to use it)

Endi <- Thx for speed reply :D.

For eliminate the flashing triangles:
Endi try render without ray tracing shadows for lights. Use Spot light with shadow buffer :).

hm, yes… the ray shadow lamp makes the flashing triangles :frowning:
old old times with shadowbuffered lamps :slight_smile:
thanks.

please :smiley:

I like the lighting of the “full figure” post (#2) and the stone material (I would not make it bronze!) in the third post.

In a good shot of funerary statuary, the lighting is critical. Here you are capturing good, warm side light, creating strong clearly-defined shadows. What does that tell you? It says to me, without saying anything, sunset. Just after the sun has gone away. The end of a day; the end of a life.

It also says, mourning. Not the devastated mourning that immediately follows the death, but the one that comes later – resigned, empty. The living left behind by the dead.

The stone textures in the third shot, and the roughness of it all, and once again the lighting, say to me … an old statue. The weather has not been kind. There is an extremely poignant subtlety … but also correctness … to just how the drape of dirty, soiled areas (punctuated by clean ones, such as the bridge of the nose) are depicted on the surface of the statue now. This to me is critical. After a funerary statue has been in a graveyard for eighty or a hundred years, only the statue remains forever … slowly weathered by time as the men and women who created it themselves molder in the dust. You want your final image to capture all of this.

The level of detail you now have seems to be correct… it is, after all, a stone carving although a finely-executed one. The woman has very delicate features, yet they are stone.

There are many possible camera angles and framings that you could use. This image, all in all, has tremendous possibilities. Please give it all that it is due.

yes, thanks for the posts
new render
www.etyekfilm.hu/!womanstatue_02.avi

Attachments

Beautiful artwork. Its amazing! No Crits…

Just one question.

How did u begin modeling the face. Did u just have a reference image?

Or what was ur technique?

You sure know your stuff! Great work, both the model and the textures.

One micro-crit, though… If the statue is supposed to be from a grave (and therefore not highly polished), I would imagine the bronze to be considerably less reflective. I would expect something more like this:
http://www.fresnostatenews.com/images/Bronze%20Bulldog%20001.jpg

That aside, great work!

with a new shader

http://www.etyekfilm.hu/render04.jpg