Your blender oddities/habits

:yes:

forgot about this one

The widgets? I love the widgets. That’s probably the first thing I do–> turn on the translate and scale widgets.

Have you seen this one?

Shift select all the options.

When I first started using Blender I used to always use a quadview window (a habit from my Amiga Sculpt-3D days), but after working in ZBrush all the time, I’ve gotten in the habit of just using one big window and rotating around my scene as I model. :eek:

When my default scene starts up its only the camara pointed at the axis’ intersection. I have AO on by default. I throw in my references for every view I have one for and I save. Then I start out with a plane, delete 3 verts and start "mapping out my model with a bunch of verts that arent connected. Once I get a good outline I start connecting dots, when all have been connected I jump to edge mode and start modeling poly to poly. I only box model for mechanical models. Once I have t he general shape of what I’m going for I add in my lighting setup which varies every time (how do you guys go about seting up a default 3 light setup?? Lighting depends on the model doesn’t it?). I have blender auto save every 7 min and I save after every major change.

Also before every modeling session I sit down and type something random into google get some decent pics of it and speed model it before I start what I had really wanted to start.

I still don’t use remove doubles. I know it’s stupid, but I go through and select all the verts I want merged and do it myself. I don’t know why I don’t, I usually forget its there until after I finished merging.

You can also shift select face/edge/vertice editing in edit mode… Generally more frustrating than useful, but it has its uses.

@Blenditall: hahaha, I was so happy when I discovered control-u (a while back thank goodness).

My setup is the basic cube with a three point area light rig. Ive tried various other setups, but this is the best so far… However, I always change my default lighting setup when I find a new one I like. That way I can basically just model whatever, and the lighting is setup…

Once the next blender version comes out, I’ll prob turn on AO by default as well… anything to let me get straight to creating that scene hanging out in my mind’s eye.

Ha, and Ive been known to save 3 times… and then save every two seconds as I sit there thinking of what to do next… its like a nervous tic, I swear. Theres got to be mdeication for this…

Hmmm… I guess the worst thing i do is make big changes to a game element such as a script and am unwilling to save it in case I’ve screwed up. Then I run it to see what error messages I get in the console window. I then close the console window, thus shutting down blender and losing my changes :eek:

I never do this after small changes :confused: