modelling?
texturing?
photorealism?
fluid sim? (mpan3)
particles?
animation?
game engine and scripting?
UV stuff?
I think I’m starting to get good with fluid sim, so what are you best at?

To be honest, I wouldn’t consider myself “good” in any of those areas. I am still trying to “connect the dots” so to speak.

You forgot game engine and scripting, not that it matters in my case. :slight_smile:

(Is off topic chat a blender skill? :slight_smile: )

I’d like to consider myself equal in all areas. I’ve been systematically testing myself, and so far, they’ve all turned up the same. I haven’t checked everything yet, though, so this is just a guess.

Im fine in all, better in Animation/modeling/comping departments. And Im learning the GE(man, it is fun). When I compare my self to a year ago(when I started CG) Im frankly amazed. Ive come a lot farther than I ever expected.

I’d say I’m good at things in the realm of Modeling, procedurals, hair, game engine physics, game engine logic bricks, and materials.

I by no means am ‘the’ expert in Blender but I can learn more.

I think I’m probably best at animation, though in truth I’m not really that great at any of them. Everytime you use blender you learn something new too, which is great!

So far for me my strength seems to be modeling mechanical things. (lightsaber, stargate…) My organic modeling skills are only so-so, and the only animation I’ve done so far has involved simple rotation IPOs, no fancy walk cycles or anything. sigh I still consider myself a blender noob. I think the main thing hindering my animation is that I have good individual ideas, I just can’t seem to pull them together into a cohesive story/plot. Like I have a really cool idea about making a dragon made out of ice with fire running through its veins, but no story or anything to put him in. It would make an awesome demo reel or short, but little more.:frowning: Anyway, enough of my rambling…

I sometimes concider myself to be good and sometimes to be just a beginner.

I honestly don’t know. I’m quite a perfectionist (and trust me, that’s a disease!) so I’m never quite happy with my results. That’s why you have not yet seen a piece of artwork by me in the finished projects forum.
Ah well… maybe one day I will realize I can’t possibly ensure the perfection of everything.

I’ll say my strongest skill is in modeling. Texturing and lighting skills are rather good. I’m working on my animation skills. I can reach photorealism but it really depends on what I’m trying to achieve.

I’d say modelling, but I’m not good at that.

I think I’m good at spotting problems and have a reasonable eye for detail, but I’m still working on improving my pieces like that.

I think I’m best in modeling, but thats not saying much.

Think modelling is also my strongest blender skill.
And pretending good blender skills via doing postpro with gimp effects (e.g. softglow). :wink:

modeling is definitely my best but texturing/UV mapping is slowly coming along… but still need some work.

the rendering is something I have to work on it. And I should have a “real” start at animating soon hopefully

“Off topic- Discuss things not related to Blender or Computer Graphics”

:wink:

I’d have to say that I’m best with animation. Modeling isn’t too tough for me either, as long as I have reference.

“Off topic- Discuss things not related to Blender or Computer Graphics” oops, oh well, if an admin/ mod wants, they’ll move it (I don’t have that power):smiley:

so I’m never quite happy with my results. That’s why you have not yet seen a piece of artwork by me in the finished projects forum.

same here, actually I don’t think I’ve ever posted any artwork here! (yet this is my 200th post)

Yeah, look at my post count. The only things I have in the finished projects section are a few abstract pieces and a lightsaber.

few pieces in finished projects > 0
LOTRJ > Jeepster

When you make size comparisons between you and another guy, at least tell us WHAT you’re comparing, Jeepster! “A piece” can have various definitions :wink:

I’m quite sure there are several among us who keep their Blender art to themselves. There’s nothing wrong with that; it’s part of the artistic license (along with bending the laws of the universe to suit your needs).
As long as your a fun member, we’ll keep you around even if you don’t know who Ton is :smiley:

When you make size comparisons between you and another guy, at least tell us WHAT you’re comparing, Jeepster! “A piece” can have various definitions :wink:

uh, I’m just really tired and typing random letters, I’m suprised I make sense
comparing blender abilities? I don’t know

Ton’s the creator of blender, right? but the real question is if he’s part of the forum???