Your favourite Zelda game of all time??

um…I have Four Swords for GCN, i’ve played it 3 times, i think :stuck_out_tongue: it’s a totally awesome game…and I love fighting off tonnes of guards and monsters (like when they come out of walls), or playing electric tennis with Phantom Ganon…

that’s the thing, you can’t really say one game is better than another, 'cause they all have something special…
…yes, even The Adventure of Link :slight_smile:

nope, can’t top that. I’ve never played the GBC games… but we do have CGN versions of the first two, 3-4 versions of OoT (the Master Quest disc, Collectors Edition, and N64), MM twice (Collectors again, plus N64), FourSwords GCN (never played multiplayer), WindWaker, TP for Wii, ALttP for GBA (with the other FourSwords game that i’ll probably never play, you absolutely need several GBAs…), and…that’s it.
oh, and I have Skyward Sword :wink: hahaha, i wish…

EDIT - woah, forgot the DS games! well, we have both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks…both are awesome, but I prefer ST

Yeah, Go OOT, kick all those other games butts!

hahaha :slight_smile: watch out though, Majora’s Mask and Twilight Princess are catching up, 4 votes each :stuck_out_tongue:

You win :stuck_out_tongue:

I have MM (original N64 & GC collectors edition), Oot (original N64 & GC collectors edition & limited edtion windwaker version + masters quest), Windwaker, The legend of Zelda, The Adventures of link and Twilight Princess. :slight_smile:

Soon to own Skyward sword and the 3DS version of Oot + all DS zelda titles :smiley:

I have :

• Ocarina of Time
  • The Wind Waker
  • Twilight Princess
  • Spirit Tracks

…and soon (real soon…) Skyward Sword too. :smiley:

Your poll is missing Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon. :evilgrin:
Well, so we’d add Faces of Evil, the Super Smash Bros series, and Zelda Game & Watch. :stuck_out_tongue:
And why not the TV show? :wink:

omg, please, no! :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

hmm, I wonder what the GBC ones are like. Link’s Awakening seems very interesting, and I’m sure there are details in it that I’m unaware of…

The GBC one are really nice :slight_smile:
I watched an LP of Link’s Awakening and I played myself OoS and OoA.
OoS and OoA are from a game mechanics point of view remakes of LA but they feature a lot of additional references as OoT was out by that time already. There is for instance the postman, Tingle, an old woman with her dog (Ricchard) and a couple of other references :slight_smile:
New story wise it doesn’t tell much about Hyrule as neither of the three are set in Hyrule.
LA features a lot of references too but not to other Zelda games but to Mario and Kirby: Two main characters are VERY similar to Mario and Peach (and Malon and Talon at the same time), there is a whole family of chain chomps and an enemie that can suck you in, called Antikirby :slight_smile:
There even are two special items strenthening your sword and shield respectively. If you collect them, you hear a jingle, not too different from the starman’s theme.

But for a general story for the timeline or something like that, neither of them is really important as, as I said, all three of them are not set in Hyrule. The land, LA is set on even disappears at the end of the game.
It is possible to set LA just before Wind Waker, maybe:
You play on an island. Maybe (as it was pointed out that WW Link is not a direct relative to any of the previous Links) this could be the last direct relative of Link. At the end of his adventure, he gets lost somewhere and noone knows where he went.

OoA and OoS are really set in totally different places, partially even having different game dynamics (they don’t share the very same item and some of the items have an upgrade in one but none in the other game) They don’t really fit in anywhere but they don’t need to.
Also, they’re made by Capcom :slight_smile:

you mean like Minish Cap? :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway, I started Majora again last night, and I was watching the Menu intro, and…when you see Skull Kid appearing over the top of the clock tower, with the Majora theme (or even just the ominous sound as you start to near to tower in the video)…i got chills. seriously. and got some more when I saw the moon, followed by “The Legend of Zelda - Majora’s Mask”… :smiley: that is the awesomeness of Zelda - even after having watched that intro who knows how many times, played the game twice, you still get the omg-this-is-awesome reaction :smiley:

I have to add that I also played (a bit to half the game) :

• The Legend of Zelda
  • The Adventure of Link
  • A Link to the Past
  • Link’s Awakening
  • Majora’s Mask
  • Oracle of Seasons
  • Minish Cap

@kram1032 : Yes, LA refers a lot to Mario Bros. LOL :smiley:
But I think it’s set after A Link to the Past (and I also believe ALttP is not in the same timeline as WindWaker.)
Anyway, the Hero of Time didn’t have any descendance in the WindWaker timeline, so there’s no way there is somebody directly relative to him.

As said, it’s really hard to fit in those which aren’t even set in Hyrule… Except for WW and PH which are basically set “above” :slight_smile:
My LA placement theory was just a wild guess based on the fact that it plays on a small island^^

Yup, MC is also by Capcom. But with two big differences to OoS and OoA: It’s set in Hyrule and the ideas are nearly entirely original :slight_smile:

Well, of course the games not set in Hyrule are less important to fit too.
Though there are clues if you want to do so : the Triforce mark on Link’s hand, the beginning/ending of the game…

Hey! On the pedestal (of time, haha!) :
1st position : Ocarina of Time
2nd position : A Link to the Past
3rd position : Majora’s Mask / Twilight Princess

That’s cool. :smiley: Ocarina wins so far.

EDIT : Hey kram1032, that’s odd you voted for the game you did vote to, I thought you found it was not original enough.

I know what you mean, Majoras is such a powerful game.

Im surprised Windwaker is lacking so much in the poll. Poor windwaker… Always copping it because of the cel shading! I cant talk though, Im only just playing it now, I hated it because of the graphics as well, but it really is a enjoyable game.

Ive never been a fan of cel shading anyways, but its done so nicely in Windwaker. Skyward sword looks like a great combination of WW and TP graphics though, it seems like all the games have lead up to this graphics style for Zelda. Skyward Sword seems to be copping it a bit from the WW haters as well though… Oh well :rolleyes:

Ocarina of Time This was the first zelda game I played and it really got me into the series. It also has a great storyline.

T: As said: I voted for it, based on what I’ve personally played.
I know a lot more games (I think, I’ve watched LPs of all of the main games by now) so I know how they are but never really experienced them that way.
What I’ve seen from LPs, I might have chosen a different one. (Probably MM if played with all the Sidequests. It’s Überepic)

um, what are "LP"s? to my knowledge, it’s a medical term…

I really don’t get why everybody didn’t like the cartoon look of WindWaker…

I didn’t at first, but now I love them, it makes it feel so fun and cheery!

well said :smiley:

@T Edoc - well, you know my story, but maybe everyone else doesn’t…i’ll tell the tale:

so, the first Zelda game I ever played was Zelda 1, and it was some computer version that I have no idea where it came from (we had it for a long time). then I played Ocarina of Time. totally got me into the series. however, I didn’t actually “know” there was a series! I hadn’t made the connection between 1 and OoT yet.
that came soon after, but anyway, then I played Majora’s Mask. totally awesome game, loved the Goron Mask (I spend so much time just rolling around, half-invincible…). So OoT/MM was the Zelda look, to me. so when I saw Wind Waker, I went “wait, what? that’s NOT how Zelda is supposed to look! not at all!”
but then, we rented it. you know the rest :stuck_out_tongue: or if you don’t, you can probably guess fairly accurately :wink:

LP = Let’s Play - a playthrough of the game. Often (in the opinion of the LPer^^) (for me rather rarely) it’s coupled with funny comments about the game or the LPers own skill… (It’s really not too easy to find the funnier ones and probably depends on the own humor… - but I found a couple :))

I have no problem with the WW look. Back when the game was released on the GC, I liked the style a lot :slight_smile: (I never had a GC as you might know but in front of some stores and inside some other stores, there are/where the newest consoles which showcased games. It happened that one of them had WW on it :))
It really depends, though. I don’t want every Zelda game to look like that.
I like a lot what we’ve seen from SS 'till now, too :slight_smile:

wait, do you mean chuggaaconroy’s Let’s Plays on YouTube? he went through Wind Waker recently.