Your Move!

(BgDM) #1

A little chess scene for you all.

http://mysite.iptic.com/bgdm/chess.jpg

The reflections seem to be a bit off, but I did all I can do on them.

BgDM

(S68) #2

So, it’s white’s turn or black’s turn? Which Bishop is out of luck?

Ref. are nice!

Stefano

(bgrav) #3

I like,

That’s awesome,

Are you working on a complete set of pieces? That would be awesome to see!

Thanks for the great pic, keep up the good work.

(BgDM) #4

Who’s move is it, I am not sure. Just thought that it would look good having a stand off with a couple of chess pieces. Thanks for the comment on the relfections. I wasn’t sure that it looked right at all. But the more I look at it, it does seem to be OK.

Nah, just a quick image I whipped up for something to do. Thanks for the compliment, but I don’t think this is all that great of an image. I have, and can do better.

BgDM

(sten) #5

why not post the blend and ppl can play chess online LOL ???

like, moving the characters around and post a render and then do it all over again, until the game is ended HAHA :stuck_out_tongue:

(blengine) #6

nice texturing, and the refs look good =)
id like to see the actual board reflect the peices, that would look awesome, and probably more realistic

(theeth) #7

ah ah ah ah!! That would be awesome!

cool chess pic, but I think the reflections would be better if they were blurred off a little (just up the Filter value).

Martin

(BgDM) #8

WOW! I didn’t expect to get this many comments on this crappy image.

Your nuts! That would be awesome. But as I said in #blenderchat, you have to model all the pieces and then I am up for a game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks. For the board to reflect, I would have to set up env maps for each panel, as I modelled them seperately, (well, copied and placed them anyway :smiley: ). That many envmaps would be a killer!

Thanks again. I am not sure what I had the filter value at, but I am sure it was about 0.2-0.4 anyway. I usually don’t go any lower than that.

BgDM

(kaktuswasse) #9

well, u shouldnt go lower… you should go HIGHER, that makes it more blurry.

(BgDM) #10

Yeah, I know that. I was just saying thatI usually don’t set the filter any lower than that, typically.

BgDM

(theeth) #11

Thanks. For the board to reflect, I would have to set up env maps for each panel, as I modelled them seperately, (well, copied and placed them anyway :smiley: ). That many envmaps would be a killer![/quote]
actually, if they are all on the same plane, you only need one env map for all the panels. I just did a test and it works.

Martin

(BgDM) #12

Well now, isn’t that interesting. You learn something new everyday.

BgDM