YoutTube HD how to ???

Hey everyone FYI I was search the web I came across a great web site, called poptent.com where you can upload your 3 D moives or Videos. Whats cool is poptent shows you work to companys like bud the beer company and others. If they pick your 3 D or video stuff they buy it from you! any where from 500 up 50 Gs, I made my video first video there, I am going to clean my bud commercial up after I learn more on Blender nodes, I just watched the best Video TUT on vieno about green screens.

check out poptent.com next video to be made is end of this month.

I hope this is the right place to place this.

No, this is a very wrong place to post it. You are a spambot.

He’s a spambot with very poor typing skills. I think he needs to go back to robot school.

Paroneayea

I tried out Blib.TV. In deed it has two great features:

1. RSS Feed straight into iTunes
  2. Episode structure

That is very sweet because it will make video distribution a breeze next semester.
That is like push technology.

However I cannot say that Blib.TV has better video quality than YouTube.
They seem rather equal to worse. Blib.TV flash transcode adds heavy compression
artifacts not so visible with YouTube.

Maybe I have to do some more testings.

I used a custom BASH script for a 2 pass mp4 compression and it work quite nice:

Wow - the details are very good.

I uploaded only single pass movies. Maybe I should try the pass settings.

The Specular reflections on the skirt and textures are very scrip in your movie.

Here is a test I made - you can see the compression artifact of YouTubes transcripted version.

Yeah, 2 pass is probably a must to get a better results, but in your case I would also suggest you to make capture window of Blender as big as final movie resolution, for YouTube HD resolution that’s 1280x720px, that way you will avoid scaling artifacts, GUI fonts are the most critical…

Popski

I am working on a series of video clips as a teaching aid for my classes.

The movies will cover everything from Rhino, T-Splines, Blender and rendering
with Blender VRay and Yafaray.

The movies are captured 1:1 in HD.

I will try out multi pass with Screenflow encoding and see what YouTube will give me
as a result.

Otherwise I will just have to re-encode with QuickTimePro.

That Blib.TV seems to be quite interesting - I have not yet fully understood of the RSS feed with iTunes work and how you can create Episodes to organize the clips into topics.

so if vimeo works, why not just use that?
youtube is a big pile of garbage anyways.

.b

Indeed. YouTube is ugly, cluttered and slow.

vimeo gives me mainly a pain with uploading and I cannot upload more than one HD movie.

I might go and buy a subscription for my department - 60 per year is not too much.

Claas

Yeah, if…

After days of waiting, i still don’t know, do i need to feel guilty or honored that they still deciding… I don’t really care about Red or You names, about In or Out, about BIG or small & yes, even about Art or Garbage… after all, everything is relative, sometimes…

but i have a New Year Greeting for all semiautomatic multimoral robocops:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sl51GWz-bWQ :smiley:

Youtube’s advantage would be the HUGE viewing audience, and publicity. Everyone says ‘check for it on youtube’ like its standard language these days.
Not everyone knows about Vimeo…

Does anyone know how the viewing audiences compare? Would be interesting to know.

I havent really had much trouble uploading HD (720p) video to youtube. Exported straight from windows movie maker. Gives some pretty crystal clear results. Im sure theres better ways though.

I found this link, which might be helpful - http://www.squidoo.com/youtubehd

AD-Edge,
the “audience” differs… if you’re talking about Blender artists, there is already a big audience on VImeo… There is a general Blender channel, Blender timelapse videos channel, Blender vimeo community… etc. I think that’s not easy to do with YouTube because it’s just not as friendly…

this page tells you about the Vimeo culture better than i do: http://www.vimeo.com/guidelines

now, i’m not sure how to optimize blender’s videos for Vimeo… i would love if someone could share their settings… both for normal videos and HD videos… what are the aspect ratio, best video settings that you think worked?

ehm…

just curious, two matters , if any one knows?

-What about viddler? I tested and had some vids there and allowed me any resolution+compression as I set, no any weird recompiling as some do… I mean, real questions is… why is it not more famous?

• Youtube HD? Is it really good? I tried the previous fmt=18 trick,(following all format stuff: I create mp4 files or whatever woth mediacoder or ffmpeg… ) and it did not make its way to their servers all the times, or when it did, it did play back fast as crazy, or jumpy with stalls…I hope they made it well this time… I gotta try as for the people I’ve done this in the past, difusion is everything…

Doh, wrong thread… :confused:

YouTube sucks - their service is buggy.

Vimeo is good but expensive and the uploader is buggy.

Blip.TV is much better, works flawless and one show has sofar 18.000 hits.

-C

Since this interesting thread has already been resurrected…

Pablo, I’ve struggled with this very question as I’ve not had very good success with FFMPEG in blender. I’ve defaulted to a not very good option: just sequencing out my rendered still frames (@1280x720) to a highest quality MJPEG AVI. This transcodes in MPEG-Streamclip quite well to H.264 MP4. The main quality loss is that which is introduced by the JPEG. Not the ideal solution, but workable.

dyf: I’ve had the best success on vimeo uploads using 1280X720 H.264 MP4s transcoded from blender output with MPEG-Streamclip. Surely someone has found the right FFMPEG settings to encode this “correctly” (whatever that means, I guess in this case it means encoding a successfully uploaded clip…) right out of blender! Anyone care to share what’s worked for them FFMPEG-wise?

@Extrudeface: not tried viddler. depends on if you’re shooting for viral or not, I guess. I’m just looking for a good host to embed clips in my own website. Vimeo works for that for now.

@Claas: good to hear of good success with a service. I’ll look into blip.tv more carfully. Also, good stuff you’re posting out there! I wish I had the time to go through all the tutes. It’ll be a good resource for blender!

mzungu

you are welcome - one half of a semester of work is left to create and publish :wink:

Blip.TV is seriously the best service I found. The converting stuff works fine, I encounter never
HD problems, the upload speed and converting time is decent and it offers the biggest file size
1GB and unlimited HD movies.

This in combination outperforms YouTube (Bad converter) and Vimeo (one 1 HD movie a week and 500 MB per week).

Sofar I have uploaded close to 30 GB of movie information to Blip.TV.

I also had big troubles to get youtube display my video in HD. In the end I only got it working after using cinelerra and encoding it to “Microsoft AVI” -> “MPEG4-Video”.

They want you to upload HD videos in 1280x720, but if you click on HD my window is much smaller. That’s what I don’t get. It still isn’t real HD (at least not 720p). :frowning: