Z Invert, Zoffs and No V. Normal Flip.

No V.Normal Flip (F9 Mesh Panel)
Please can you explain to me this one?

Because Blender normally renders double-sided, the direction of the normal (towards the front or the back) is automatically corrected during rendering. This option turns this automatic correction off, allowing “smooth” rendering with faces that have sharp angles (smaller than 100 degrees). Be sure the face normals are set consistently in the same direction (CTRL-N in EditMode).

Why are mesh spheres round? What happens to the normals when you cut one?

about the other two
Z invert ( F5 , Material Panel)

The Material is rendered with an inverse Zbuffer method; front and back are switched

this image is a render from this file:
http://download.blender.org/demo/old_demos/demos/escher.blend

2 materials, the upper with Z invert

Z offset Zoffs (F5, Mirror Transp Pannel)

Zoffs was used to render 2d characters in 3d scenes without their feet disapearing in the floor

Zoffs shows the hidden part of a object even if is behind another object.
Ztransp must be active.

Zoffs=0.000

Zoffs=2.400

Thank you trepido. Your answers and especially the pictures that demonstrated the answers were much more helpful then argueing about who was correct or who said what. As has been said in the past, “A picture is worth a thousand words”

yes, but No Vertex Normal Flip still has no examples.
Do somebody could explain it to me?
Thank you

trepido
Thank you for posting the pictures!

:slight_smile:

Trepido:

No V.Normal Flip (F9 Mesh Panel)
Please can you explain to me this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/fligh/Example.jpg

The same sphere: top-right rendered with “No V Normal Flip” unchecked and top-left with it checked.

%<

Bullocks. I was very clear, I just didn’t want to put 1 hour of work in it.
If you didn’t understand the stuff I said you’re not ready to use it anyway.

I never said YOU have to make esher images, I said thats what z-invert was made for. Then IamInnocent got serious doubts, all wrong doubts as turns out. But instead of an appologize (Sorry I doubted you) I get shit (“I don’t talk to people who know the truth, because I know it all better” kinda crap). Typical Forum behaiviour anyway. Hit and run.

Is there a way to get zinvert to work with the unified renderer turned on? It seems to not be working when UR is on. Is this a bug or a feature?