ZBrush 2020 announced

I think the yearly updates schedule is part of that too. It lends itself more to gradual improvements and change. It’s not going to be a huge new feature set like ZModeler every single year. But I’m not sure I see any real sign that ZBrush development is resting on it’s laurels. Nor slowing or loosing focus. The updates recently all have big improvements and are actual real updates. And everything they add is always brilliantly thought through and stable and usable from the get go.

A lot of the dizzying activity and fast development happening around Blender right now is surely that a lot of feature and add-an development had stalled because everyone was waiting for 2.8 to be ready ? Now it’s finally out and getting established and stabilized it feels bit like like a massive development dam is bursting.

2 Likes

@Metin_Seven Something to ‘whet the whistle’ during your rediscovery of ZB :smiley:

WARNING - It’s Paul Gaboury so DON’T have your earphones in when you play this…

2 Likes

Haha, thanks. :grin: I actually watched it on ZBrush Live last Thursday, with my headphones on. The ‘rewind moment’ really made me laugh.

Paul is a sympathetic guy. We’ve e-mailed several times regarding bug reports and feature suggestions.

1 Like

Also, the next two Thursdays (14th and 21st) there will be more ZBrush delight in videos by Solomon Blair and Joseph in-Drust-we-trust. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, he invited me to participate in the ZSummit Hard-Surface sculpting challenge a few years back when I got a top row at ZBC. I was traveling to Australia at the time though so I coldn’t make it. :smiley: He’s a hard-surface fanatic!

Indeed. Looking forward to it. Their presentations are a lot more bearable when they’re not doing them together. :grimacing:

1 Like

Super-cool. Being featured in ZBC top row is quite an achievement. :ok_hand:

Hahaha! :grin: Yeah, when they’re together Paul turns into Joseph’s personal tease. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks man, it did blow my mind at the time. I got an ‘Artist Interview’ from Allegorithmic at that time too because I used Substance Painter on that project. That same project also got a cameo in 3DArtist magazine so I really milked some mileage on that one!! :rofl: Those were the days when I actually had time to work on personal projects. :smiley:

I’ve had a lot of free time today so I’ve been experimenting all day in Blender and Hops/BC too and I have to say that I really don’t want to go back to modeling in Max. Never thought I’d say that, but there it is…

1 Like

Sorry folks a bit OT but yeah @Musashidan I recall those plaudits you’d recieved, very well deserved I must say also still looking forward to the day you get around too texturing that 666 Fury Road MM car you made a few years back on the CGTalk 3D showcase board, lovely beast of a thing it was :heart_eyes:

EDIT:
Tested HOPs as well and really feel the sentiment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey mate, great to see yo here. Yeah, the Roadwarrior is still on the one of the drives somewhere, fully unwrapped…I will get back to that someday.:laughing:

It took me a while to warm up to Hops/BC. I made the mistake of installing them when I just started with Blender and knew nothing about it. Once I understood that Hops/BC isn’t doing anything that Blender can’t already do I uninstalled them, learned how to use the program, and then came back to them. I’m still getting the hang of them, but watching MasterXeon’s vids is a huge help.

1 Like