ZBrush Central forum

Have you ever been there? Some amazing work, I’d have to admit.

But one thing’s been getting at me; it seems like no matter who goes there, no matter who uploads something or submits work, they’re ALWAYS pro quality stuff. I frequent the site, and not in a full year have I not seen something that wasn’t jaw dropping. What, are there no noobs there? Do they all have otherworldy 3d knowledge (or 2.5D, whatever). All I’m asking is, why does everyone there have such amazing work? It’s as if there isn’t a single person in the world who doesn’t have ZBrush, and is not a seasoned pro with it.

On the other hand, you go to other 3d forums, and of course you’ll see newbie work, but not ZBrush.

And on the other hand, I get a strange feeling like this thread will be ill-recieved. Oh well…

Zbrush’s 2.5D approach allows anyone to sketch out a creature with ZSpheres and then you can sculpt in ultra-high res details.

The shading can be easy to make it look pro too, since the default shader is designed to show off the model.

ZSpheres are great, but they’ve never been solid for me. Always deforming the mesh when you adapt the skin… Pain in the ass lol

I haven’t yet been to the site - but have been meaning to for some time.

If you do, it’ll make you question how everybody there is so FREAKING good.

ehh, my answer would be that, I’ve seen some beginner work there before,
but most of the users there have a good art background, its no surprise to me that there are many wow-y pieces there,
also, keep in mind that many people there, of those with less skill are probably a bit less likely to post their work for preview,
cause its human nature to be subconsciously intimidated by all the good works there if you are a beginner.

also, this thread is off-topic material, so, wrong part of the forum, maybe? :wink:

I see a few in there that are pretty nubish. Not a huge number, but they are there.

As to why there are so few: I imagine that once the standard level of displayed work gets high enough, its a little bit intimidating to post something thats not up to spec.

There is a simple answer to that. In most cases the people willing to spend the money to buy the program are much more likely to put plenty of time and effort into it because it is seen as an investment. also they usually already have some talent in that sector or else they would not have spent the money in the first place.

While a free program has a tendency to be downloaded out of curiosity (although there are plenty of exceptions to this) simply to see what it is like and to give it a try.

By the way, this should probably be posted in the Off Topic section, as this does not really relate to blender.

As to why there are so few: I imagine that once the standard level of displayed work gets high enough, its a little bit intimidating to post something thats not up to spec.

That’s a good answer to. :slight_smile: